Friday, April 22, 2005

Weekend Blues

The weather is bad this weekend. Forecast of thunderstorms and temperature dropping to 32-40 deg F !!

We had intially planned to go for a show in Chicago today - live performances by Adnan Sami, Amisha Patel, Raghav and Sunidhi Chauhan. But the price for the tickets, we thought, were to steep to be spent on them. Plus frens interested for the show wanted to stay back at Chicago the entire weekend, but me and V were not, due to the weather. Finally no one showed much interest, so had to let it pass.

Today is a fren's marriage anniversary. Woke them up yesternight at 12 o'clock with cake. Sigh...had a slice of Strawberry Single Layer Cream cake minus the cream topping. See, I am being a good girl.

Tomorrow is the same friends daughter's first birthday. She is the cutest baby of all.. and mine and V's favourite. I am also her favorite (aunty??!). She always welcomes me by jumping up and down and wanting me to hold her. She doesnt give the same treatment to anyone else except her parent *proud smile*. God bless her, she is an angel. Her parents wanted to have her birthday bash tomorrow itself, but came to know the Annual Louisville Air Show/Fire Show is on the same day. That would mean every one would go there instead of the party. So, had to postpone it till next Saturday.
Me and V do not want to go for the air show coz I have already seen it last year and V has seen it for the last 2 years. Plus the weather is a major put-off.

Now we are yet again stranded within Columbus with nothing to do. V had kinda sworn not to stay back in Columbus this weekend... but now it seems thats inevitable. I want to move my stuffs from Indy this weekend itself...coz next weekend is the birthday party (I'll be busy) and the weekend after we might go to Minneapolis. But my frens have not yet gotten over the last time they helped me move. Every one is backing off and I dont have the heart to force them! :P

I guess this time it'll be the same old story of movies and food (food?! *shudder*)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

me first me first! -and ya its RS!

Anonymous said...

movies and food- not a bad combination colors..and the weather turned bad here too...sigh-RS

Deepak Jeswal said...

Can everyone who is supposedly on diets stop talking about cakes! That too with all these graphic details!!

Best wishes to ur friend's daughter!

So, its gonna be a quiet weekend this time...means, no spicy updates even :(

Hope u r able to catch some decent movies :))

Colors said...

Hey RS, DJ...that was fast!!
Well..actually the weekend has not yet started. Who knows? Might make some last min plans!!
As for cakes....wats life without cakes, chocolates and ice creams?

Anonymous said...

It's complete opposite here. The weather is supposed to be awesome...like 16-20 Celcius, perfect for my first match on Saturday.

Hey my friend Sonia from Toronto went to the same show last weekend...:). She likes Raghav so she enjoyed it.

Don't you think cakes and pasteries in India used to be so much better than out here? I do.

Happy Birthday to Angel!! May God Bless her.

Colors said...

Hey Ricky...thnx for the wishes. Yes, I too miss those pastries from India...who can beat Dutch Truffle, Black Forest and the Pinapple cake from Baker's Basket (Pune)....sigh!