Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Saturday

The next day we all woke up late. We then went back to Broad Ripple Avenue which also has this great local restaurants. We had our lunch at a Greek restaurant. Ate a variety of 'pilaf'. I also tasted Caviar for the very first time. Sadly, didn't find it as great as I had expected.

We then returned back to Columbus. Saw 'Sahara' in the night. What an overly done movie! Reminded me of 'Gadar' where Sunny Deol managed to wreck the entire Pak army single handed. Similarly, here too the hero and his sidekick manage to do similar stunts. The story is entirely driven by the 'good-luck' of these guys. They always seem to do something accidentally and they uncover some or the other twist in the story. Oh! Gimme a break! However, my money didn't go completely waste coz Matthew McConaughey looked HOT. Guys might find Penelope the same.

After the movie we went to Steak & Shakes for late dinner which is in fact their 'breakfast' menu. We got to see these bunch of teenagers dressed up as punks, rock stars and horror characters. Must have come from some fancy dress party or something. Some of them had done some amazing make-up and hairdos.

7 comments:

Deepak Jeswal said...

Me First, again!

Caviar is one of the most horrible things i hv tasted, slimy...yuck...dunno why everyone finds it 'exotic'.

Good to learn that Hollywood mein bhi aisi filmein hoti hain ... but I did like Gadar a lot.

Nice accounts. Makes me feel to book a ticket and rush off there...

Colors said...

Wat? U again?! :P just kidding.
Yea..me too didnt like it much..was pretty dissappointed after having heard so much abt it!

U wanna see that movie inspite of my 'review'???!! I thought I made it quite clear that the movie was pretty bad!!

Anonymous said...

I love Greek food, so so yummy and also coz they use my fav. ingredient "potato" in almost every dish you order. Haven't tried Caviar yet but it's on my agenda. Thanx for making it hard for me though...he he.

No plan to watch "Sahara", for God's sake I never watched Sahara TV even back in India....sorry PJ. Anyways, Gadar was not bad as a whole only coz of Sunny Paaji and atleast for first time they showed a sikh without making fun of them. Ok ok he was Jatt sikh but whatever...

I saw Penelope Cruz the other day on Letterman and she looked HOT but her accent is a big turn-off.

You never know coz some punks dress like that everyday...;)

Deepak Jeswal said...

Ok, that got a bit confused...what i meant was that it makes me feel like book a ticket and come to Indy/columbus.

Colors said...

Ricky, yes Greek food is good. I once had an awesome Greek seafood in Tampa, FL accompanied by belly dance! (Sigh! why do we always talk of food/movies??)

Colors said...

DJ! Book the ticket and come soon!!! Wouldnt it be great?! Me and my frens will make sure u have a great time. So when should I come to the airport to pick u up?

wise donkey said...

colors saw ur comment in my tagboard.
i have comments in blogspot and rediff, what do u mean c-box.
blogspot i dont use haloscan since i can get copy of cmts by email too:)
have a wonderful day