Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Gray

Last Friday, on my way back home, the weather was glum but it was not raining. Only the prospect of the next two days being off kept my sinking spirits floating. I was driving at a fairly good pace and trying not to speed too much as the highway was getting quite windy.

About 12 miles from Columbus, I saw one of the most beautiful scenes. Up ahead, the sky was dark and cloudy...with the clouds in various shades of gray. On the other hand, the road, the trees and bushes nearby were bright and colourful as if freshly washed (which it was actually! :-)). The bright green color of the grass, the gleaming yellow and white lines on the road and the shining red tail lights of the cars in front of me threw a stark contrast to the dark sky above. On my rear-view mirror I could see the sky behind me was bright and almost sunny. It was as if I was driving towards the storm. As I was admiring the scenary and wishing I could stop and take a picture, it started raining and all of a sudden the mild rainfall turned into a lashing storm. A strong gush of wind blew my car sideways, almost halfway to the shoulder. Oh man! Was I scared!! I slowed down and moved to the slow lane and drove with my parking lights blinking. It was almost impossible to see through the heavy rain and all I could see was the blinking lights of the car in front. We all drove at the dead pace of 10mph. The rain turned into a hail-storm and for the first time since I moved from Sikkim, I could see hail. I quickly closed my moon-roof thinking that even if it breaks the glass above, I wont be hurt. To top it all, my fuel indicator started blinking! Luckily the next exit was close by and I went to a gas station. As suddenly as it had started, the storm started to reduce and it became bright again as continued towards Columbus. All this time I was on the phone with V. The confirmed my belief the cell phones are one of the greatest and most useful inventions ever!

By the time I reached Columbus, the weather was calm again. Later, we went to an Ice-skating show organised by the same school that I had gone for my skating class. On our way to the show, we even had a glimpse of a rainbow. Most of the participants were girls and the teeny tiny ones looked so adorable in their dresses. This was my first ever 'live' skating performance that I had ever seen, so I enjoyed it as much as I would have enjoyed watching the Winter Olympics.

Saturday too, the weather was cold...so much so that we had to put the heater on! V had office work to do, so the entire day I was at home. My day passed by enjoying a nice long chat with Mr Tomatoes on yahoo messenger. In the eve we went to the birthday girl's home to celebrate with close friends. Poor girl was not feeling well and had fever. We stayed at their place till late night chatting and planning for the party the next weekend.

Sunday too passed by at home. Saw half of My Brother Nikhil. Its a nice movie and I got to watch the rest of it soon. Went to Applebee's for dinner with frens and had Fiesta Lime Chicken. There was this lady sitting near our table and she was yack-yacking away in a highly loud and irritating voice. No amount of staring, commenting or clattering detered her spirits. We had half the mind to go and tell her something, but then our good manners stopped us :-) By the end of it, our ears went quite sore. But we did enjoy the dinner with each of us coming up with innovative ideas on how to shut her up :-)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

MEEEE first! woohoo...-RS!!!

Anonymous said...

u should have said to the lady...'excuse me, could u speak up a bit? i didnt catch the last part of that sentence.' :) and we had lots of rain here too..almost monsoon like.
-RS

Colors said...

LOL RS that was a good one :-)
You know they had heavy snow in Ohio :-o

Deepak Jeswal said...

Wow! Lovely account...lagta hai har taraf barsaat ho rahi hai...even here it rained last night as well.

So, u, kaush and princess had a party at desi-radio, it seems...yeh sab tum log hi the na? :)


Me is back now, will be updating shortly ...

Colors said...

DJ...u know all this while I was thinking I am sure DJ would have given more justice to the scene by describing it in ur words...maine toh bas aankhon dekha haal bataya.

Yep...thats us. Even RS and Ricky have joined it. When r u coming in? Then toh only Lata songs will play :P

Anonymous said...

Wow!! The post started off as being a regular description of beautiful scenery which then turned to scary and I was actually eating Kellogg's when I stopped half-way as I was so engrossed and concerend at what happened. I am glad you reached safe and sound...:)

I hope you use hands-free for cellphone and if you don't then this should be a lesson. It's a good investment, not kidding.

Who is this Mr. Tomatoes? ha ha. Anyways, if anyone wants a copy of our chat, it's on my archives...ha ha...just kidding.

I want to see My Brother Nikhil but I guess first I should watch Swadesh and Page 3.

Applebee's is a nice resturant esp. when there is no annoying lady chit-chatting loudly.

P.S: Do you have a searchmiracle adware on your computer. Just run spybot to kill the damn thing.

Colors said...

Ricky..:-) so did u finish off the cereal then? I have a hands-free but dont use it...instead I use the inbuilt speaker. As I keep telling, I am a good girl! :-)

Yes, I do have searchmiracle in my work machine...:( I am so tired of it...tried to remove it but not successful, even spybot couldnt help. The helpdesk people are not helping me either.. :(

Anonymous said...

Yes, I finished it. Thank You...he he. But, I was like yeh ladki kahan phas gayee bechari. You and good girl...*eye-rolling*

Try Ad-Adware from Lavasoft. It's free too and I use both because I had it too and now it's gone. Try it otherwise we will try something else...

Anonymous said...

It seems its raining everywhere except Mumbai..Even we are having rains in Delhi..pata nahi mumbai main kyon nahi hoti! Its hot and sticky out here!

Gaurav

Anonymous said...

Nice post with many info. Even it is gray but looked very nice with rainbow colours :)

Colors said...

Ricky...I will try lavasoft one and see how that works...else will bug u :-)

Anonymous said...

Yea! Indiana weather........for some time it had become so nice...but now! snow in April end...so bad....for few days it went to zero degree again.....cant believe it! chalo but never mind.....
and wow Rainbow......havent seen it for such a long time. waise, why are so many things underlined ( liked ) in ur post ?