Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Friday

I told my frens to come over to my apartment rather than me going to Columbus. I had to wait for like 2hrs before they showed up. Spent the time doing my manicure, pedicure and plucking my eyebrows. We decided to go to Indy Downtown. Indy downtown is pretty small compared to other city downtowns. There's a Civil War memorial around which is a circular pathway surrounded by trees decorated with lights. Its called the Circle and close by is the Circle Center Mall. We roamed around the mall as 2 of my frens were there for the 1st time. We then had our dinner at P.F. Chang's. Now whoever is a Chinese food fan must eat at PF Chang's. The food is superb. We chose the best. 'Chicken in Lettuce Wrap' as appetizer, Sichuan from the Sea, Singapore Street Noodles and Chicken Fried Rice. And they also make the best 'Cosmopolitan'.

After doing our 'pet-puja' we took a stroll around the Circle. Clicked pictures and generally gazed at the crowd. That's the best part of being in a city...the people. We sometimes actually crave to see people. The Circle is a hang-out place for biker-bois and cool cars. You'll always find it lined with the most amazing bikes...from sports bikes to choppers. Also, young crowd with cool cars come here and just go round and round the circle showing off their cars. Once, me and V too had done that in his car :-)

Next we went to Broad Ripple Ave. This avenue is lined with dance clubs and pubs. We went to 'Vogue' which is the best dance club in town. Spent the rest of the night dancing and gazing at the dancers on the stage. Returned late in the night and went off to sleep.

4 comments:

Deepak Jeswal said...

ME FIRST :))

Friday was a holiday? i thought u were in office, werent u ? Ya, *wide eyed* manicure/pedicure/plucking happened in the office ;-)

Hmmm...chinese - like it. Recently discovered a good chinese rest. here. expensive, but good food.

I see two more parts, rushing there...

Anonymous said...

The time you girls spend on manicures and pedicures...but oh well it's for us guys...right?...so that's cool...lol. My cousin once plucked my eyebrows, for God's sake are you all insane...it hurts bad at times.

Indy downtown looks smaller than Victoria even.

Chinese...hmmm I love Chinese, infact as you can tell by now that I love food...almost any kind.

And I love clubbing and pubbing. Last I did was in Vancouver, 10 clubs and 2 pubs in one night...

Colors said...

DJ, friday was NOT a holiday. I reached my apt by 5pm and these people arrived after 7pm. Now wat can a girl do to spend that time, when there is no TV to watch, no Internet to blog, no book to read? (I didnt get cable&internet after all since I'm now practically staying in Columbus).

I love Chinese and Thai. Hey there's a very nice Thai place in KTM, dont remember the name but I think the name starts with 'L'

Colors said...

Ricky - No pain, no gain. Ever heard that? :-) Anyway, plucking doesnt hurt me anymore.
10 clubs and 2 pubs in one night?!!!!!!!! phew!