Wednesday, December 15, 2004

White as snow

Here I was hoping to start the week with a bang...but instead was thrown down with a bump! The weekend went on fine...passed the time with frens...lazying away, shopping and watching movies. Saw Oceans Twelve and was very dissappointed. What a let down after Ocean's Eleven.

Come Sunday eve and I was all set to come back to Indy. The next day we were having our Christmas Pitch-In Lunch and Gift Exchange at work. Had already planned with a colleague to get pizzas and also bought a cute gift for the exchange. I was infact looking forward to Monday!! But fate had other plans for me. Imagine had to fall sick when I actually wanted to go to work!
Monday also marked the onset of serious winter weather. Columbus had its first snowfall of the winter. And I wasnt even able to enjoy it :(

I remember my very first snow fall last year. Yes, though I am from Sikkim, I had never actually experienced a snowfall. I had played on snow, made snowmen, had snow fights, but never felt the snow flakes fall on my face. Thats coz the it never snowed in the part of the town where I stayed. Sometimes early mornings there used to be snow fall in my school. And my school is just about 5 mins walking distance from my home! And it used to melt by the time I reached school in the morning. So have played on the snow only during the times when I had a trip to northern parts of Sikkim with frens or family.

So like I was saying, I remember how crazy me and my frens became when we came out of Burlington Coat Factory in Indy and realised it had snowed. There was not much accumulation, but we were too excited to notice. We started having a snow fight right there in the parking lot. Haha...the stares we received from people. They must have realised we were 'first timers'. Same thing happened when we returned back to Columbus. By then it had snowed a lot...and we went to the lawn and started playing again and clicking pictures. Recently I was talking to one of the neighbours and she was like..oh so you were those people! She still remembers looking out of her patio that night and seeing a bunch of people screaming and playing around. And the same thought had entered her mind...first timers!

Well..this time I am hoping that it wouldn't snow too much. I am a recent addition to the drivers' world. And am a bit apprenhensive about driving in the snow. Well...there's still a lot of winter left. Lets see what it holds for me!


4 comments:

Deepak Jeswal said...

Hi, Me first here, this time, I think!

Haven't really been to a 'full fledged' snow place, so I guess, my reaction (if I ever get a chance ) would be the same. I have been told that it snows in Nagarkot in winters...if it does, I would be there for the weekend for sure.

Your site is popping up lots of these 'shady' advts and "get-the-latest-browser" kind of dialogue boxes. So, I think you need a lot of cleaning to do there ( refer your comment on Kaush's blog.

Enjoy the snow!

Colors said...

Hey Deepak,
I myself have never been to Nagarkot, but I have heard its a beautiful place. Do let me know how you like the place if you happen to go there.
As for the silly stuffs in my page..2 things - 1, the pop ups are due to the music I had incorporated with my page which I have now removed. And 2, those shady things I mentioned in Kaush's blog was due to some addware in my office PC. The support guy is gonna reimage my machine. So hopefully thats the end of it.

Colors said...

Hi Mehul...yes, seeing the whole town covered by a blanket of snow is really a sight one should not miss. Its breath-taking. So in a way I too am waiting for a heavy snowfall.

Deepak Jeswal said...

Namaste Colors!

You have not been to Nagarkot! But you must! I have been there twice...now I am looking forward for the snowfall there. It is an amazing place, and I just love it...I had put up a post some days back on Nagarkot ( it should be under the 'Travel' category). The sunset there is amazing and it is quiet and very serene. Lovely!


Yeah, now those pop-ups hv gone...raamro!

see ya...