Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Purple

Coming back to the blog world after quite a while. All these days have been keeping busy with lotsa stuff. Apart from work, did lotsa shopping, watched a couple of movies, played a video game, hung out with frens and got sick again.

On Friday, for a change my friends drove up to Indy. The reason being all of us were going to watch Swadesh at IMAX. Got food from a Pak take-away. They make amazing Chicken biryani...the best I have had in US. We all had food at my place and we drove down to downtown. The was a huge rush in the theatre and the movie started half n hr late. All my frens were enjoying the crowd, checking out cute girls. Since I was the only girl in the group, I couldnt enjoy as much since there was no one to share the comments(on guys) with :(Overall nice movie...enjoyed it. During the interval, they served Tea and Samosas in the cafe. Wow...just like in India. But, as luck would have it, by the time my turn came, the tea was over. My cold was getting more severe and I was really looking forward to a warm cuppa tea. They even had a lottery for 10 tickets to a New Yr Desi Bash..which of course I didnt win. Me always unlucky in such matters. After the movie we all drove down to Columbus. We went to a frens apartment for tea and after that I watched some TV and finally got to bed by 4am

The next day had to get up early at 1030am (i normally get up at 12 on saturdays) to go to Kohl's for the Early Bird Sale. It seems that since the last 3-4 weeks I have been shopping every weekend at Kolhs. Everytime I buy something, they give me some coupons which I have to use the next weekend. Cant help it! On Saturday too I did lotsa shopping. It was a 'purple' day for me coz every piece of clothing that I bought that day was some shade of purple. This has happened to me a lot....u know, like sometimes your eyes goes to just one shade of colour. You just dont seem to like anything else!Once my shopping spree got over (for the day) my cold seemed to remember me. Or did I remember my cold? Anyway...had a very stuffy nose and an awful headache. But things turned better once I slept for a while.

In the eve I saw 'The Incredibles'. Its an awesome movie...really cute and immensely enjoyable. I am now looking forward to see its Hindi version 'Hum hai Lajawab'. It should be fun to see it since it has Shah Rukh's voice.

On Sunday I woke up to realise it had snowed in the night. Brrr...the temperature was way low and had to pack myself up in layers just to go outside. Once again went shopping at JC Penny. Didnt find anything of my choice....had liked a purplish trouser, but couldnt find one of my size :(V bought something for himself and after buying some essential groceries from Walmart we drove back to Indy.

V had recently got me a video game. Its a PC game called 'The Longest Journey' which he had himself played a long time back. He likes it a lot and wanted me to try it out. I started the game (its an adventure game) on Thursday and I have been hooked on it since then. I know unless I finish the game, I wont be able to do anything else. I havent blogged, watched TV, nor have I cooked. Am surviving on readymade food right now. I am even writing this post from office since I know once I get back to my apartment I'll be again into it.

Well! Its time for me to go home now. Back to my game world. cyall soon!

No comments: