Monday, July 23, 2007

I am among the 8.3 millions!




I just finished reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows :)

Yep, I too was caught on with the hype and had pre-ordered the book from Amazon. They had guaranteed delivery on the day the book would get released...but unfortunately I missed out the fine print that mentioned I need to select "Standard Shipping" while ordering. So instead I selected "Free Shipping". When I was tracking my order, I realised my mistake and realized my book will arrive only on Monday.

But surprise! Come Saturday, I was alone at home playing The Legend of Zelda on my Wii when the door bell rang. I opened the door to see the postman walking away after leaving the parcel at the door. When I saw him wave at me, I realized it was the book! They hadn't packed the book in the regular amazon brown box, but in a white box with a picture of an owl on it and on it was written "Attention Muggles! Do Not Deliver Or Open Before July 21"

Since then I've been with the book. I started at around 3.00pm on Saturday and finished at 11.00pm on Sunday. Well, I wont be writing a review here since I am sure the Internet and any other form of media is all over and about it. And I certainly dont wanna spoil some one's fun by giving away the story. Coz I myself have undergone much trouble and suppressed temptation to know the leaked story just to see whether it was the real one.

But this much I can say. The book is a treat to those to enjoy the Harry Potter series.It is exciting and unputdownable with all the elements of various emotions in it. I do have one small complaint though, that Rowling could have involved Ginny a bit more. But otherwise, the book is enjoyable and the end is as I had kinda hoped how it would be.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wah Colors!!!

Not a Potter fan.

fursat said...

I haven't read it and don't think will ever because I never started it and was never a fan of fiction-fiction. I prefer fiction based on real-life, like Amitav Ghosh's writing or even Dan Brown. Also, prefer stories based in India coz I can then connect with them more so.

Anyways, am glad that you enjoyed the series. Also, its good that you got it on the weekend, warna bore hote aise hee or ya phir Wiibities ho jaata..lol.

Nice post, will send another Potter fan here. Cheers!!

Moonie said...

me too!! My brother got the book Saturday evening and my sister in law read the whole night and completed the book by mid morning! Then I read whole of Sunday and finished it late in night! :) :D My bro called us Potter-maniacs!!

PS: I also agree, Ginny had virtually no role in this book; The storyline is very engaging but many places I felt unnecessary details were added to probably increase number of pages :( and the last chapter seems just added on and IMHO kind of jarrs , Rowling should have left it to readers imagination!

Reema said...

goood post, Ricky sent me here.. n i so agree to the thought that Ginny was involved much less than i'd also thought she shud be.. other than towards the ending that is!

im glad u got the book on saturday btw.. i was a pre-booker as well, got it saturday morn.. n my entire weekend was spent reading n re-reading it! was much much darker than the rest, with lots happening.. a real treat!! :)

Reema said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Here too HP mania :)

So you were also tricked by the "Free Shipping" LOL ;) I’m sure you would have not received the book on the same day it was releasing if it was not THE Harry Potter :P.

And about the end I knew it a day before as it was in the Zee News.

I’m next to Ricky. I too don’t enjoy Harry Kinda books. You better know that :). I’m wondering you have managed to read all the serieas and came in "the 8.3 millions!"

The Bhandari's said...

:) will read some time. |Same here not HP fan but don't mind reading either :P

Anks said...

hi,

i am back... so u too read the book on the launch weekend? me too!!

My poor bro got up at 6 am to collect our copy and i finished it on sunday! saturday was spent pining for time so that i could lay my hands on it...

lol about the package cover... thats creativity, isn't it?