Monday, December 17, 2007

Here I am!

Sorry friends, for keeping away for so long. Lets just say that I took a "short" break and hopefully I will be more regular. Thanks for coming back regularly and pushing me on to update. So, here I am! In the last few months of my absence, nothing much has happened - I am still enjoying my life with V and doing the things that I always do. Here are some highlights:

Travel:
I made two major trips, one to Las Vegas and Grand Canyon. Had a amazing time in both the places, lost quite a fortune in gambling and have made up my mind to revisit Vegas, since there's still so much more to see. I managed to catch the Cirque Du Soleil's "O" which is such an incredible show that I have no words to describe it. I also watched a typical Vegas show-girls show called Jubilee.

My other trip was to Vermont and New Hampshire to catch the fall colors. Both the places are beautiful and we managed to see some picturesque locales during our drive through the country. We are hoping to make another trip there later this winter for a fun ski adventure.

Books:
Since my last update, I have joined my local community library which I infrequently visit. Also, in my office, they have started this "book table" concept where people leave books they don't need at a table and book-hungry people like me can borrow them. This way I have got to read some pretty interesting and not-so-interesting books.

Having heard so much of Ayn Rand, I finally got myself to read We, the Living. I found it to be sad and depressing which was what I had expected. I then ventured on to Atlas Shrugged which I am currently reading. But the book is so huge and slow-paced, I am getting bored to complete it (as it is, I am not much into philosophy). Though not my policy to leave any book/movie unfinished, I think I might have to.

Movies:
As always, I have been watching a lot of movies. The latest one I saw was The Golden Compass this Friday. It is the first of the His Dark Materials trilogy. Found the movie beautifully made and the story interesting, so have decided to read the trilogy before the second part is made.

The worst movie I've seen is no doubt Saawariya. Couldn't have squandered my $10 in a worse way.

Hobbies:
My Wii addiction has died down quite a bit. I had started playing The Legend of Zelda when V was away for almost a month and was I doing pretty good in it. But then I got stuck in finding one clue and its been put away ever since.

V and our friends have found a new way to spend our weekends and my! are we addicted!! A friend introduced us to poker and since then we have spent at least one night every weekend playing poker. We normally start playing after dinner on Friday or Saturday at like 11 o'clock or so and continue till 7 or 8 in the morning. Initially we were a group of 7 and gradually we have introduced the game to more and more friends with the latest addition being last Saturday. We don't play with money though, just with chips. We figured, since we are having so much fun, why play with money?

Etc:
The holiday fever has taken over us too and we've been doing a lot of deal hunting and shopping. We have even put up a Christmas tree in our home. We got an artificial pre-lit tree and decorated it with tree decorations. This is all in preparation for a visit from our dear friends and their darling 3 year old daughter. Decorating the tree was fun and it looks pretty besides our fireplace. Once we have all the gifts wrapped and placed underneath, I'll take a picture and post it here.

Thats it for now. It feels good to be back! Wish you all a very wonderful and happy holidays!

11 comments:

Moonie said...

WELCOME BACK! Have I missed your chatter on blog or wot?? :) :D Good to see you chirpy as ever! Keep posting!

PS: I know I seem quite an unlikely candidate to have missed you so much but you being on my blog roll; I would think of you every time I posted a new post and looked at my blog, wondering what is lil colors upto!? As usual, I still don't like that V character but do say my hello to him any ways ;) :P

fursat said...

Missed You :-)

I so wanna goto Vegas. Can you believe it, everyone in my family have been to Vegas except me. My parents have been there twice. My Grandpa was the best gambler though, he won 60 bucks in first 15 minuets, then went to his hotel room and slept the whole day, while my parents lost 500 bucks each playing 24 hours...lol

You know na that Cirque Du Soleil is a Canadian production and one of the most successful in Las Vegas :D

fursat said...

Wow!! I also started Ayn Rand's "Atlas Shrugged" and left it after reading 50%. It was too long and too slow, as you said. Although, I liked the characterizations since I remember all the characters even today very clearly. Good Luck!! :D

The Golden Compass is not doing good in box office though. Me and my friends are thinking of going to some movie this weekend, maybe "I am Legend" :-)

fursat said...

Yeayyyyyyyyyyyyyy!! Welcome to the Poker club. Isn't that so addictive in a good way. I mean so good way to pass the time. We also used to play it every weekend but my brother was having exams, so haven't played it for 2 weeks. Our friend has this professional poker set, its cool. We play with some money otherwise it can be a bit boring. We put $5 each for each game, so at the end someone wins 15-20 bucks. I won 3-4 games in a row and after that lost some but am not that bad :-) We also love watching celebrity poker on TV. You can learn a lot by just watching. We have to play this whenever we meet.

fursat said...

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to U'n'V. Enjoy it yourself and click some snaps of the Christmas tree and put it here later.

...and yea, Welcome Back!!

Aqua said...

hey there...good to see a post from you after so long.

yes happy holidays to you too.

and Ricky...hi and long time as well

:)

Colors said...

Hey Moonie, great to hear from you and thanks! I am touched to know that you missed me. I was always around the blog world, reading posts..but never commented...dunno why!

Hehe...sure will convey your hello to him. :)

Colors said...

Hiya Ricky, looks like you made up commenting to my non-existing posts with all your comments!

Yea..the cirque is amazing. You've got to catch atleast one of their shows...its an experience you've gotta experience. Never seen anything like that ever!

I liked The Golden Compass, its 'my kinda movie'. A mix of LOTR, Narnia, Pan's Labyrinth and may be even Harry Potter!

We've got to play poker together some day. It would be fun! Before, we always used to feel why people used to watch Poker tournaments...but now that we r into it, we enjoy watching and getting tips :)

Thanks! Happy shopping to you! :)

Colors said...

Hey Aqua, so nice to hear from you! I was just reading your blog...as always a fun read. Have fun!

ektaran said...

Look WHO'S Back!!! YAAAAY!!!!!

Good to see an update here Colors & was fun to read all the updates....travel, movies, books, I loooooove playing Poker with friends...we play with money though...small amount but its FUN!!!

I picked up Atlas Shrugged once, never got to completing it.

Now on to reading the next post. :-)

Colors said...

Thanks Ektaran! It feels good to be back too. Looks like no one seems to complete that book!