Thursday, March 30, 2006

Chal Chaiya Chaiya

Last weekend, me and my friends had made plans to get together in Pittsburgh. 8 of them were driving over from Columbus and I would be going there from NY. We had many reasons to get together and celebrate, one friend got a great new job, one's getting married next month, two of them got new cars and one's birthday falls tomorrow. So, come Friday and I went to work with my overnight bag, all set to go. Unfortunately their plan got cancelled as two of them had some office work to be done during the weekend. So I set off after work, feeling bad that my friends won’t be coming, but all the same looking forward to be with V ;-)

Saw The Inside Man on Saturday. It’s a nice movie, worth seeing once. The highlight of the movie was... nope, not the incredible bank robbery scheme, neither was it the power broker role played by Judy Foster nor was it the handsome Clive Owen and no, it wasn't Denzel Washington's performance. It was our very own Bollywood song Chaiya Chaiya!!!! Yes! As the titles started rolling in at the start of the movie, we were taken aback by the song playing in full blast. They played almost the entire song and even during the credits roll in the end. But I really missed Shah Rukh Khan!

I colored my hair. I had it highlighted with red color. I have done this before, once in India and once after I came here. And both the times I had thought I would never do it again since it spoils the hair so! I had to wait almost a year before by bad/faded hair grew out...and after having 'normal' hair for a few months I got bored! Plus, spring is in the air and I wanted some change! The color looked lovely for a few days. I was supposed to wash it less as possible...but I wash my hair every alternate day....cant leave it for one day more else I look like I have poured a bottle of oil on my head! So now, my hair is back to looking normal. Just three days and the color's almost gone!! *sob sob* To think that I even bought salon special shampoo and conditioner for colored hair! Only one person in my office noticed it! How tragic is that!!!

16 comments:

fursat said...

You and your bahane.

Why were they playing that song? Was it like part of the movie credits? I still don't get it.

Ah!! Red color. Cool!! Red is "in" these days it seems. When you say red color, you mean streaks...right?

Colors said...

Aaarrghh Ricky, its NOT a bahana...why would I need a bahana to go to Pitts :P

:| Arey baba, yes...they played the song in the movie. Begining of the movie and even at the end. Got it now?

Again :| I said "highlights", that means streaks...sheesh! 'sup with u? Not getting enough sleep chatting with people :P

Anchal said...

yea, that song amazed me too...

I went for that movie last weekend and in the theatre there only 2 desi...me and my friend we were lauging and were so so surpised...but enjoyed it a lot...

the re-mix at the end was indeed amazing...with a RAP in it...:)

I wonder if the producer had to pay a lot of money to use that song as the title song?

any ideas?

Anonymous said...

:)) would have been nice @ red streaks! I got my hair permed this new year! and I am happy its still quite curly... now a days the dyes etc have become quite good and there is very less damage to hair.

Moonie
http://moonietheloonie.rediffblogs.com/

Anks said...

Red highlights! cool... are you gonna touch it up now?

Anonymous said...

So u got 'colors' in ur hair too, leaving up to ur screen name to the fullest ;-)) LOL Arre, V ne notice kiya ya nahin ?

Really nice to hear about Hindi song in an English film...great!

Hv a great weekend!

Colors said...

Hi Anchal, cool so you watched the movie too! Wasnt it fun to hear 'our' song in an english movie? I really dunno abt the deal but I am sure they must have bought the copyright or something to use the song.

Cool Moonie, you got ur hair permed! Even though my hair's quite straight, I wanna straighten it more...heard we get some kinda lotion/creme for temporary effect. I should research a bit...hmm. As for the damage, my hair becomes a bit dry and frizzy after coloring...have got Livon Silky Potion from India...just love that product!! :)

Colors said...

Hey Anks, yeah I might just have to do that...not now but maybe a couple of weeks later. I just came to know about this new product Clairol Boosting Glaze...maybe I should try that!

LOL DJ, you said it!! :) Hope you too had a wonderful weekend!

Hey SM, :):)
Yeah the color just faded...sigh!

Anonymous said...

colors- living up to your name, eh? i also got red highlights..woohoo..love 'em.
-RS

Anonymous said...

hi colors, after the DDob writeup about u, I realised I shd visit you more often so here I am.

Wow apun ka gaana in a hollywood movie good yaar waise chhamma chhamma was used in Moulin Rouge too.

Hair coloring, I will never dare to do that. kudos to you. I am sure u looked great.

The Bhandari's said...

I too wanted to go for hair coloring but my hair also need wash every alternate day so useless for me too :(
~preeti

Anonymous said...

haha only one person noticed it!!!wow that suits your blogger profile pic too! boly songs in hollywood.. wow that's a surprise

Colors said...

Hey RS...u too have 'em? Cool!!! Behnaaaaa!!!

Hi Priyangini, good to see u after a long time...yeah me too think I shud visit u more regularly, but I have become sooo irregular even in posting posts! I dunno if I shud encourage u to color ur hair...coz on one hand, u feel great...but then it spoils ur hair somewhat...better stay away if ur hair is "un-touched"

Colors said...

Hi Preeti, yeah washing hair so often sucks :(

LOL Chandu, nice to see u....yeah only one person noticed...:(

Nishu said...

buddy, themovie inside man was so stupid. I sincerely didnt like it..it was so boring and i wasted Rs 500(includes 3 tickets) and money on snacks extra.. booohooo

(^_^)

Anonymous said...

gertzen dating [url=http://loveepicentre.com/]internet dating nottingham[/url] dating is murder by susan jane kozak http://loveepicentre.com/ free personals des moines iowa