Monday, June 06, 2005

Koffee in Kolumbus and movies

Columbus finally has a full fledged Starbucks of its own...yippeee!! For 4 days before the opening, they were offering free coffee....went there twice ;-). Now we have a decent place to hang out with friends and have good coffee too :-). I know you must be thinking, 'whats the big deal?' But had you been staying in Columbus for the last 2 yrs, then you would know. I remember we used to drive 45mins to go to the nearest Starbucks so that we can have a good cup of coffee!!

Saw the following movies...in increasing order of my liking. After Kaal and Main Aisa Hi Hoon, I guess these movies are atleast okay!

Lucky.. well, cant say I actually liked it. This one too I watched on the net and was fast forwarding most of the parts. Cant stand Salman Khan much. Liked the songs though. Some are pretty good.

Naina.. saw this on the net too. Found it to be pretty okay, but I guess watching it in the theatre would have helped in the effects.

Dude, where's the party?.. saw this in video. And this one's fun. Its a crossover movie, American Desi starring the fav boy Kal Penn. The movie is funny and I enjoyed it through and through.

Bunti and Babli.. saw this in the theatre and loved it! This certainly tops the charts. It is entertaining, funny and fresh. Loved Abhishek and Rani in this. And the surprise in the Kajra re song was good. Would like to see it again. But would like to cut off the rap no. picturised on Amitabh in the end. What were they thinking??

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmm hope i get to see bunty aur bablli soon...:) and yes i am a big fan of starbucks especially during exam time..hehe :D and ofcourse makes for good meeting places..and hanging out.

Deepak Jeswal said...

Uh-oh, I was expecting the 'three question' quiz for a new post since u hv been now tagged by more than one blogger.

Coming back to Starbucks, well, i hv no clue about it. Apun ka Barista and Cafe Coffee Day are the fav spots.

BandB - LOL - ab mai kya kahun, u hv read my review. Yeah, true Rani-Abhishek pair rocks and the chemistry betn them sizzles. Lucky, i had found okay, but that's also coz i saw it on theater and the locations are abs. breathtaking! Songs are very nice.

Naina, i m dying to watch. It did not get a theatrical release in Nepal and even the VCD was not available some time back. Lemme check now...

Till later, take care...

Anonymous said...

oooh! want to watch b & b..your review gives me some courage to take that step. didnt want to waste money and time on junk. now i feel more courageous!

Anonymous said...

I wached two - Lucky and Naina but not the B&B :)

Rhicha

Nupur said...

Another BnB review!!!
:((

my exams..!! hate you..!! I can go seea any movies..!! *boohooo!!*

But I will...i will...
I want to see the glimpses pf my dear Kanpur in the movie! *yaay!!* :D

Colors said...

@ Kaush, yes do see B&B (despite of what DJ says ;-)) and let me know.

@DJ, yeah me need to do the taggie thing too. I love Barista and CCD, nothing can beat them, not even Starbucks!

@JI, :-) the punditji was indeed fun. And the whole American desi wedding experience was wonderful! As for Lucky, I too liked the songs and locales than the movie itself.

Colors said...

@ Princess, nice to see you back! Hehe..I know what you mean..but I felt the movie was worth every dollar I spent. Hows the new place treating you?

@Rhicha, so did u like any of those movies?

@Nupur, Dont worry, ur exams will soon be over and u can watch it as many times as you want :-). Waise, the place they show in the movie is called 'Fursatganj'...is it actually Kanpur then? :P

Anonymous said...

Good fun- all u ppl rushing out and getting movies to watch. did u watch them all one after the other or all at once? :
-RS

^rashmi^ said...

Hey Colors,
I have commented on the shaadi post check that out, Starbucks hmm....I guess that is like nukkad ka chaiwala now! u know I prefer the Nestle cofee(2-3 teaspoon cofee powder) in elaichi wala doodh at home instead!! I am looking forward to check this starbucks out on next to next weekend:-)

Colors said...

@RS..saw those movies like in a one and half week's span. I heard u saw Madagascar..hows it? I didnt get a chance to see it yet...it got just 2 stars didnt it?

@Rashmi..I like Nestle coffee too, but in elaichi wala doodh??! Heard of Masala tea..hearing abt Masala coffee for the 1st time :D. And hey, I will make u do better things than take u to Starbucks here!! I noticed how in DC, in every block, there were 2 Starbucks!!!

Anonymous said...

hello colors!
was nice to meet u at the Yahoo VBM

Anonymous said...

Is this columbus really in US..I live in a small town of Iowa with 9000 people in it and it still has a StarBucks.

boomerang :->

Anonymous said...

Never seen someone so happy for StarBucks. I think Starbucks is alright, too expensive actually. I prefer local Canadian chain "Tim Hortons" as they have really good muffins and donuts to go with the coffee.

I may watch Lucky and Naina since now I can download movies for free. Bunty and Babli, I will watch it for sure as I love small UP towns and having lived in Agra, Mathura and Meerut, I am excited.

I have heard about "Dude..." but will see if I can find it online or something...

Colors said...

@Tabs..hey Tabs it was nice to meet u too...we shud do it again!

@Boomerang..haha...I know..sometimes I too feel am I really in US? Its small..but growing..since I came a no. of shops etc have come up..so its good for us.

@Ricky..Tim Hortons's..tsk we dont have them here no. Yea, Starbucks is kinda exp I guess..but these Classic Coffee Cake is great! Lemme know what you think of the 'Dude..' movie.