Thursday, June 30, 2005

Bright and colourful

This is kinda follow-up to Saba's smiley post. I came across a lot of 'smile makers' this week.

The most exciting of all was a surprise email from a long lost friend. This friend registered in Batchmates.com and found me and sent me an email. It was such a wonderful surprise, so good to hear from her after this long (we were together till 10th std) and to catch up on each others lives. We have just exchanged a couple of emails and we still have loads to catch up on. Most surprising was to know she has been married since last 2 yrs and is now an expectant mother!! I am certainly getting older :(

I had given up on Batchmates.com long time back as no one wrote to me in all these years that I registered, nor did anyone respond to me. But my friend's email made me log-in and I found that another friend had registered a year ago. I sent her an email without much hope of receiving any reply...and lo! the very next day her email was nicely sitting in my inbox. Wat more can one ask than to be reunited to two long lost friends in such a short gap?

Well, my joys didnt end here. Another happy note was Michelin declaring that they are going to re-imburse the ticket money to all the spectators of the USGP 2005 :D. First, unexpected friends and next unexpected money! I love surprises!!!

Google has launched their new satellite mapping tool, Google Earth. I downloaded their free version and have been doing a lot of exploring since then. I am so amazed at the technology and the information they have. You can even view side view of the earth's terrain. I could see buildings in Chicago to Mount Everest and Mount Kanchenjunga. Do try it out..its awesome! I love Google!!!

Our plans for the long weekend has finally been finalised. As usual, there were people who wanted to join in and opt out..The count was finally fixed and yesternight we sat down armed with our laptops hunting high and low for car deals and hotel deals. After about 4-5hrs we finally booked the cars and the rooms. Fourteen and two 1/4th people are going to Mackinac Island, Michigan and places around it. Leaving on Friday eve...gonna be a night long drive. I love road trips!!!

Hope you all have a great weekend. See you all on Tuesday! I love long weekends!!!!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Coool..me first..sorry ricky and others..you guys are always fightng to be first.

fouteen and two 1/4 island....this many people...i have bad exp for such trips....too many people and big confusuon..anyways you enjoy your trip.

boomerang :->

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Finding an old friend is such a good surprise. Glad you found not one but two. Awesome!!

As far as you getting older...BUHAAAAAAAAAA...I knew it and now it's confirmed.

I love getting re-imbursed. Can you confirm if they will reimburse the TV watchers too, coz you know it wasted my time too...ha ha. I charge 50 bucks an hour, so tht makes it $200...:P

I will check out the new Google thing. I hope you are not spying on me or anything.

What is this yaar, you guys are always making so kewl road-trips. Have fun by the way!! By the way, yeh 1/4th ka funda kuch samjh nahin aaya...

Have an awesome weekend and Happy Independence Day!!

Gaurav said...

Cool...
so many surprises..that too 'positive' surprises!
so u are getting ur money back..u deserve that after the drama there..
Now thinking of registering myself in batchmates.com!
;-)

Anonymous said...

hey there,
Have a lovely weekend ahead. Enjoy the 4th of July celebrations! Hope there is a good bbq somewhere and u get grandstand views for the fireworks!
Yeah, love Google maps. Have been using their satellite imagery for awhile. Brilliant stuff!

Deepak Jeswal said...

Yep, its when such surprises come along that one thanks the advancement in technology/internet.

Enjoy the weekend, and come back with loads and loads of updates!

Nupur said...

It works?? I thot that these batchmates sites were all crap!! I guess I will have to try....

And yess...I had been thinking what a shame it had been about that GP. You have kept the receipt...right? ;)

I just heard about Google Earth - 5 mins ago from a workmate! :D Will check it out soon.

Had an awesome weekend?!! see you soon.

Colors said...

Hey Boomerang, u certainly got the gold this time! We were a big group..had few confusions here and there..but overall had a great time. You'll know abt it all in my next post. Hope you had a great time too!

Ricky, Tsk..to bad TV viewers arent getting reimbursed..else you'd be a rich man :P. Do try Google Earth, its the most awesomest tool ever!
By 1/4th I meant babies...14 adults and 2 babies :D. Happy Independence Day to you too...how was ur weekend?

Hey Gaurav, wish you luck in finding your long lost frens :-)

Hi Princess..guess what, we were on our way back home on 4th..so missed the fireworks and parades...except the few short ones we managed to catch on the way :-( But overall, had a wonderful trip. How have you been doing? Yeah...google is brilliant!

Colors said...

Saba..thnks...will catch ur latest recipe soon!!

DJ updates coming up soon!!

LOL Nupur, I was equally surprised. Yep, as soon as I read people are demanding for refunds, I kept the receipt and the ticket stubs in my drawer :). Lemme know abt Google Earth.

Hi Maverick. Welcome here...and thnx for the nice comment :-). Two Mavericks...now I'll surely get confused :D.