Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Movie Weekend

I am still living in the dark age with no cable and internet connection. Have been commuting to work from Columbus most of the days. Though kind of tiring, am enjoying being with V almost every day.

On Friday I finally saw Black. My spirits was however dampened as V took to bed the same day and was not able to come see the movie.Whatever I had heard of the movie was so true. Inspite of trying hard not to, I had gone in with a lot of expectation. I guess one would after hearing so much about it. And I was not dissatisfied. Black is truly one of the most beautiful movie I have ever seen. Many people have already written lots of good stuff about this movie and I dont have anything different to add to it. So will just say that I loved the movie. I didnt cry though. But it took a lot for me to control :-) My only wish was that of all the movies we have seen, this should not have been the one V had to miss.

I also saw Ring Two. I had been waiting for its release for a long time. The Ring is definitely the most scary movie I have ever seen. After seeing it, I was unable to look at the TV for a couple of days. The image of Samara crawling out of the TV still gives me the chills! Ring 2 is also scary, though I was not as scared as when I saw The Ring. Probably because V was there besides me to pinch, squeeze and hide behind whenever something scary happened. I liked the sequel too...felt it to be a perfect continuation and ending to the story. Before the movie started, they showed the preview of 'Dark Water' which is another horror movie by the same people. Now thats another movie to look forward to as it looked mighty scary too.

Another movie I saw this weekend was The Ghost and The Darkness. Its quite an old movie('96) starring Michael Douglas and Val Kilmer and Om Puri. About how 2 ferocious lions attack the workers building a bridge in Africa and how after a series of strangely unsuccessful attempts they manage to kill the man-eaters. Pretty good movie, kind of scary at times.

Well, the coming weekend is a long Easter weekend. Its already Tuesday and we have no plans as yet. Our plans to go to Las Vegas went down the drain due to the extremely high air fare. We want to travel, but dont know any interestting place nearby. What are you guys planning to do?

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Color,
Thanks for your update on Ring. .will definitely watch it now.

I have been to Indianapolis for F1 and I guess Columbus is 60 miles or so from Indianapolis. Am just curious to know, why you and V are not staying together in one place ?

I have heard a lot about BLACK from everyone and now even I want to see the movie.Do we get Hindi movies with English subtitles ?

boomerang <-:

wise donkey said...

Hmmm cant think of suggestions:)
But hope you have a wonderful weekend. And as u know scary movies a strict no no for me:D and yes liked Black:)

Anonymous said...

on this weekend..we are again planning for another visit on bike!!Although it will be hot this time..still we are excited..Will post the details about the visit soon..

Gaurav(Maverick)

Anonymous said...

hey colors..im going to vegas this weekend too...heh..maybe we'lll bump into each other and not know it! if u do go!

Anonymous said...

oh sorrry...that anonymous was me- RS!

Anonymous said...

i too been to BLACK last weekend.. wonderful it was.. a movie to be felt but not seen.. ho.. it's holi time & holi-day time here. long weekend too.. so me planning to clebrate holi with friends... then chill out.. ok u too have a nice weekend.

Colors said...

Boomerang, even I am asking myself the same Q. As for the dvds, all hindi movies we get here have english subtitles.

Colors said...

Gaya, u too have a great weekend..and Happy Holi!
You should watch scary movies..u can start by watching the spoofs..Scary Movie 1,2 and 3. Maybe that'll help :-)

Colors said...

Gaurav, u lucky chap. Hope u have a great time and will look fwd to ur travelogue.

Colors said...

Hey RS, u going to Vegas too? Tsk!..me not going this time. Didnt get the tickets for the price we wanted. Hope u have a great time and hit the jackpot!

Colors said...

Hi Chandu..so all set for colorful and eggful holi? Have fun! And dont have too much bhang!

Anonymous said...

It seems the dark age is not that dark *wink wink*.

I am so jealous of you right now (actually I think I should be jealous of everyone coz I am the one outta the loop) coz I have'nt seen BLACK yet (nor have I seen any hindi movie for past 2 months). I am glad you liked it.

Ring...hmmm well you will be glad to know that "Ring" is a Canadian movie (we rock!!), although I have heard that "Ring 2" sucks and is very cliched.

I had seen "Ghost and the Darkness" way back in 1998 in theatre in Hyderabad and I loved it then. Om Puri is in a cameo I think...right?

This weekend, well I have to finish up my immigration form, so that I can apply ASAP and cricket practice and watch the India-Pak cricket match with friends and maybe goto Gurudware for Holi celebrations...that's it.

Anonymous said...

Holi Hai !!! :) Happy Holi
Moonie

Unknown said...

I'm sure you know what I thought of Black. I don't want to say any more about that, I think. :)

Unknown said...

I'm sure you read my review of Black. I won't say anything more about it, then.

Colors said...

Sumant...I know..but I m not a critique so tend to ignore some of these short-comings..though I agree with you...Rani's walk seemed out of place.