Monday, March 07, 2005

Cars..Hunger..

That basically sums up my weekend.

Friday morning V called up to ask if we can go to Detroit, Michigan in the eve. One of his friend had come from India on Tuesday and was leaving for Florida on Saturday morning. We decided to leave early in the eve, spend the night there, drop his friend to the airport and return back. V drove all the time...it was still snowing in Michigan. I hadnt eaten anything except for a burger for lunch and was feeling awfully hungry. But V didnt wanna stop and waste time as it was already late and we didnt want to keep the friend waiting for too long :(

We reached Lansing around 10:30pm. V's friend had ordered pizza and me and V attacked it as soon as we entered the room. We chatted all night long. His flight was at 6am and we decided to leave at 330am since Detroit Airport was like 1.5 hrs away. After dropping him off at the airport, me and V decided not to linger in the city but head straight back to Indy. As it is, the weather was cold, so we didnt feel like doing any sight-seeing. After an hr drive, both of us were dozing off. No amount of titaura helped us staying awake. We decided better to rest a while. We stopped at a rest area and slept in the car for about 3 hrs. After waking up we were famished with hunger. I knew the 2 slices of pizza wouldnt last long :). We then had a nice heavy breakfast of eggs, sausages, bacon and pancakes at Bob Evan's. After reaching Indy we again rested for a few hours and went to Columbus.

Later, a friend called and asked us if we can go to Louisville the next day with us. He had recently come from India and was car-hunting. Of course, we agreed....anything to get out of Columbus :-) We all decided to leave at 9am the next day and have dinner at Shalimar, the Indian restaurant there. The next morning, my entire body was feeling heavy and I didnt feel like moving a muscle. Going to Louisville seemed like a painful chore. V also agreed but when he called them up to say we wont come, he couldnt say it. V told me to rest and he will go...but of course even I couldnt stay without him. :-) So I pulled myself outta the bed...but once I freshened, I felt better. The entire morning was spent going to various car dealers, looking at cars, test driving a few, bargaining on a fewer. After getting out from the last dealer, we realized Shalimar had closed for the afternoon. All 7 of us hadnt eaten anything since morning...and that area had no store or restaurant nearby. We were ready to set off to some eatery when the dealer offered to take us to another dealer....Since the guy was being too nice, we couldnt say no. Thankfully there was a Walmart near the other place and while they were looking at cars, 2 of us went to Walmart and got stuffs to eat. Wow..that felt so good to the stomach! Finally when everything got over it was 5pm! Everyone was tired and irrtated since we couldnt even finalize on any car. On top of that we didnt know the way to Shalimar from that place. V was looking around at the strip mall near the dealer's, when he realised Shalimar was right there!!! Our happiness knew no bounds :-P. We eagerly went to the restaurant but it opened 1/2 hr later. We stepped into the Indian grocery store nearby and bought stuffs. Finally after the restaurant opened, we went in and had a wonderful dinner.

The after effect of the weekend is not yet gone. I see cars even when I close my eyes. I am still tired and worn out. I cant stay alone tonight...will feel not only exhausted, but depressed as well....so I am going back to Columbus tonight ;-)

19 comments:

^rashmi^ said...

hey,
advice.....keep moving like this and you do not have to go to gym nor do you have to worry about insomnia!! what say?
Rashmi

Anonymous said...

Why do you give a excuse everytime for going to columbus and staying with V ?

Anonymous said...

whew...reading that made me tired....prabha

Anonymous said...

hey..sounds like a nice tiring hungry weekend...heh

Anonymous said...

the last anon was me...and uve been linked! - RS

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Even I became hungry after reading your article. Oh wait!! I just had lunch...damn!

I so want to go Detroit (the car capital of US...ummm...cars...). Burger, pizza, eggs, sausages, bacon, pancakes, Indian food (did you had to mention it?)

I am actually getting very busy these days at work since I have a conference coming in Vancouver soon. Thanks though for dropping by my blog and leaving messages...:)

Anonymous said...

ho.. hungry weekend.. tiring body.. cars in dreams.. do take rest.. & more pizzas..:D

Gaurav said...

Exhausted? Thats understandable..But i can say after reading the post is...U had a nice visit and u enjoyed V's company! Isn't it?

Deepak Jeswal said...

That was some weekend...to be honest, mujhe toh padhte padhte hi thakaan ho rahi thi :) Wonder how u cud survive thru ti !

Colors said...

Hey Rash...wish that works ...but i think i MUST go gyming soon :-(
Have to be in shape for May ;-)

Colors said...

Anon...why dont u leave ur name and I will reply to all ur ques?

Colors said...

Prabha...I know..the post was pretty lengthy :)Cant seem to stop once I start!

Colors said...

RS, Yes it was v tiring..and actually felt nice too...going for a trip after all these months cooped up in Indiana. Thanks for linking me. You have been linked too...in my msn space.

Colors said...

Ricky...
LOL, yes I cant help but mention that I had good Indian food. Though, our friends back in India would not appreciate the taste, I am sure.
Didnt see much of Detroit...and hey it is also the home town of Eminem. (you listen to him?)
Waiting for the bang...come back soon.

Colors said...

Chandu & Maverick...
Hi..thanks for dropping by...
Yes yaar...was exhausted..but as long as I am with V, I dont mind one bit :-)... and taking rest is door ki baat..have been travelling to and fro Columbus every day!

Colors said...

DJ...LOL..it wasnt so bad actually. Yes, but the foos 'shortage' was getting too much...which we compensated with good huge meals.
I love going on road trips...specially in the night listening to some good music even if my friends do most of the driving. Cant wait for summer and more road trips!

Deepak Jeswal said...

Yes, even i love road trips...but then I like driving myself, with lots of music :) My fav stretches in India are the Delhi-Chandigarh and Delhi-Jaipur highway...missing my santro now :( chalo, hopefully, kal i will be with it :)

anumita said...

That sounds like one hectic weekend, colors! I need some excitement in my life too!

Anonymous said...

Yea, I listen to Eminem occasionally. Did you saw the movie 8 Mile? I loved it so much. It was an awesome movie. I went without any expectations and loved it. Don't you think though that Eminem resembles "Aamir Khan" esp. in that movie. Same eyes, height, body structure...