Tuesday, February 22, 2005

One boring weekend

For the past few days I have been busy doing basically nothing. Feeling lethargic both at work and home. Me and V have been doing up-down Indy-Columbus for the last week. Infact, me goin back again tonight :-) So generally have not been able to spend time to write. Have been just blog hopping. Following I finally managed to write from work ;-)

On Friday as soon as the weekend started, I shot off to Columbus. Inspite of the weekend traffic, the speed was quite good. The speed limit is 65mph but the avg speed of the cars is around 75mph. I too was cruising at 75-80mph. Its funny u know when all these cars in the leftmost 2 lanes are going on in high speed and suddenly everyone slows down as soon as they sight a cop or a sheriff. We often joke on how people become 'shareef' when they see a 'sheriff'. I know I know..it is a PJ :D

In the eve we all went to Johny Carinos for dinner. Its an Italian place and the only place (yet) where I can eat Italian. Normally I don't prefer Italian due to its over cheesy taste. Me and V shared a tasty Spicy Talapia. Earlier that eve V had gone to a car dealer with a friend and had to bear the dealer's blabbering for almost an hour. Maybe the dealer realized he is torturing the poor guys so he offered them coupons for free desert at Johny Carinos :). So we were able to enjoy yummy Tiramisu.

Late in the night we saw 'Page 3'. Liked the movie though found it a bit depressing. Konkana Sen has done a good job.
Saturday afternoon I woke up with a strong headache. It was so bad I had to skip my ice skating class. After a late lunch I lied down to rest but fell asleep. Even V had slept off. Got up late in the eve. V's co. had a party...so everyone except me and V were attending. V didn't go coz I wasn't going. My headache was still bad and I had to take another pill. We went for grocery shopping planning to watch 'Constantine' after that. But while shopping we changed our plans and decided to make Shrimp Masala for dinner.

By the time our dinner was ready, everyone had returned from the party. We then sat down and watched 'Haasil'. Found it to be quite nice. The movie got over by 230am. Few of us decided to continue and we then saw 'Raincoat' next. We were actually thinking of watching 'Veer Zara' or 'Bride and Prejudice', but the prints of both were bad. Raincoat too was a good movie. so all in all we saw 3 Hindi movies in a row without any bad experience. After the movie got over, the rest of the friends left and me and V watched 'The Johnson's Family Reunion' on HBO. Finally slept off at 6 in the morning.

Sunday was cold and wet. Got up late and after lunch we went to a friends place. Generally did TP, saw 'Carrie'. Made onion bhaji and potato pakodas and had with garma garam chai. Nice! The day just passed by and the weekend flew by with us stuck indoors.

16 comments:

fursat said...

Hey Colors,

I would'nt call it a lethargic weekend. It was pretty decent. Yea, I understand by what you mean by everyone slowing after seeing a "Sheriff" or as my cousins in US calls them "Polcia" (spanish...).

Wow you saw some movies. I have'nt seen any hindi movie lately. My last one was a pirated-1-hour-missing-Veer Zaraa.

Was it really a headache or you missed the class on purpose..;)...jut kidding.

Shrimp masala...yummy...onion bhaji and potato pakodas ...more yummy...

Ricky
http://seventeentomatoes.rediffblogs.com/

Deepak Jeswal said...

Hi Colors, that was some eventful weekend, and u call it just 'lethargic'...ur blog is really becoming a 'Guide to good eating at USA' nice nice ... Yep, u managed to see all the better movies- Page 3, Rain coat et al. But have u seen Black as yet? Dont miss it ever...

So, now back to the grind, eh? Always bad after a nice weekend, no?

And, the onion bhaji and potato pakodas are having me drooling....mmmmmmm

patiala pataka said...

Why do I get hungry whenever I come here?

Colors said...

Hey Ricky..:-)
Maybe I psyched my mind so that I'll have a headache and thus miss the class? ;-)
The Shrimp Masala turned out to be quite good though it tasted like Chicken Masala coz we made it like we make chicken. Do u know of any good recipe for Shrimp - desi style?

Colors said...

BTW Ricky, did u check out www.hindijoy.com yet? I saw all these movies there...its pretty good u know.

Colors said...

Hi DJ... :-)
Yeah..I know I complain too much :D
Me and V both like eating out and trying out new cuisines so all the info on food :) Nice to know u like that.
Havent seen BLACK yet :(
Am still waiting for it to come to the theatre..which now I think wont happen. I do have access to it on hindijoy.com, but dont wanna spoil it by seeing a pirated version.

Colors said...

Hey Rakesh...so good to finally see ur comment :-)
LOL...I guess I am too much of a food freak...and err..my posts seem to be mostly on food and movies. Also, since we have nothing else to do, thats how me and my frens end up spending the weekends. Mast Kalandar!

Colors said...

Hey Ashish,
I guess I have too much free time thats why I dont appreciate my 'peaceful' weekends. Shame on me!! The problem is that if I am not outside during weekends, then I feel the weekend has gone waste.
Yea..shrimps r my fav too among sea-food.
I lovee staying up late. And watch movies is the best way to do it...specially if u have good movies. As for BLACK, I am yet to see it. Like I told DJ i am awaiting it to come in the theatre here or atleast a decent non-pirated dvd.

Summer of 69 said...

Hi Looks like U had a great weekend.:) The weather was a bummer here(CA.US) but managed to catch black at a theatre:) Visit me new post up

fursat said...

Hey Colors,

If you will email me, then I can email you the Shrimp-Biryani receipe. It's pretty good actually. I love shrimps. My email is ricky_703ca@hotmail.com

Sorry, I did'nt had the time to visit that site but I will sure do it soon. Thank You very much though for the same.

Take care of yourself.
Ricky
http://seventeentomatoes.rediffblogs.com

anumita said...

There has been an identity fiasco here. I replied to COLOURS thinking it was you. Just saw your comment on her blog today and realised.
Anyway, I got 2 great shades (not mentioning the word as they are both written differently!) of blogs to read through!
You write well, colors.

^rashmi^ said...

Hey Babe!
I am so sorry..really had a loooooooot of work! anyways so Italian food 'no' 'no'...tht's bad. have you eaten in Romano's macroni grill?...it's really very good restaurant chain for italian food better than olive gardens or Bertucci's. Yaar that indian masala seafood you'll never get anywhere! sahi hai you started cooking different dishes too! Have you had sushi or any raw fish thing here in USA? I have been to different sea food restaurants but you might want to try seafood in Todai (http://www.todai.com) if you have it near your area!
see here we are talking about food again:-)!!!
Rashmi

Colors said...

Hey Anumita...Thanks!
Isnt it good she changed her blog....her old blog use the same template as mine....there would have been much more confusion :-)

Colors said...

Hey Rash...no, I havent been to Romano's. Dunno if we have them around here. I really dont like Italian due to the cheesy taste and the romano sauce...ewe!
Though I love seafood...I am not into sushi and raw food :-) I had tried sushi in Key Largo down in Florida and didnt think much of it. V loves Sushi though. He can eat anything, actually. Your Todai looks good...the closest one is in Schaumburg, IL. Maybe will try when around that area. (i can tell u more on seafood..but really we need to talk on something other than food!!!! so ending my comment here :P)

Nupur said...

Movies - Yummy Food - Friends!
I know everyone said that... but really gurl! It was good... *its sounds good to me!*

Now waiting what this coming weekend has in store..!! ;)

Anonymous said...

hmm atlast i could comment.. am sorry that i was late .. blame it on my work. :) now I couldn't resist feeling like eating all of the dishes mentioned here at one shot .. i must say it sounds like a pretty good weekend.. now wathcing movies al thru night reminds me of my student dayz.. now office heck is stopping me doin all that fun stuff.