Thursday, February 10, 2005

Colors of Love

I am sad, I am gloomy, I am bored, depressed and very very lonely.I hate this... I hate my daily routine, my job, my loneliness and I hate cribbing like this. I miss everyone so terribly. I miss being with V each and every day, miss going to work with him, miss working with him and miss doing daily chores with him.

I know, I know. I shouldn't complain. I know I am v lucky to be atleast close enough to him, that I can meet him every weekend and also atleast once during the week. I know I am lucky to have spent a blissful 1.5yrs together..all the time. It could have been worse.

And to add to it I miss my parents, my home. I miss being with them specially when the entire family is together. Its been 7 long years since I left Sikkim. In these 7 yrs, I have had short visits home twice a yr during college vacations. We used to have 7-10 days vacations and it used to take me 4 days to reach home. So, the time spent at home was never enough. Once I started working, it became a bit better as I could atleast reach faster by flight -2 days- but it was never good enough. Its been 7 yrs since I celebrated Dasain (i.e. Dushera). Its our biggest festival and I have almost forgotten what all we do during the festival. I am so out of touch. Not to mention the several small festivals all yr through.

I miss my brother. We used to fight a lot as kids, with me always winning by ending up crying and him getting scolded...but once he moved out after his 12th, we started becoming friendly and close. We have hardly spent our adult life together. Before he used to be away from home and now I am.

I long to be home...long to feel its warmth and comfort. Its been more than 2 yrs since I last went home and 21 months since I met my parents. I miss them so much. I miss going for shopping with Mom, watching movies and TV, discussing about aunts and relatives :). We were so like friends. And I miss my Dad telling me his latest 'idea' for his new book or for the shop or for this and that. He always seem to be coming up with something bright and new. Of course, we do talk about all this on phone, but that doesnt feel the same. Festivals are specially a torture. I try not to think and enjoy with friends and V. But I believe festivals are meant to be celebrated with family. When they send me pictures, I see everyone there except me. Sigh! I would have gone home this yr for a visit...but then I thought it'd be better if I get my parents here instead for a trip. So now I am waiting for everything to settle down and them to come here soon. God only knows when that's gonna happen.

All my life I have never been alone. I have always been surrounded by my family and friends. Life in Pune was quite good as my friends were always with me. Even in Columbus I didnt feel bad coz V was with me. Its been 6 months since I started living alone...and I am still trying hard to get used to it. And everyday I realize its not working at all.

The only +ve side I can see is V. Just coz I can meet him and talk to him, if not in person then atleast thru phone, it makes me feel better. Had it not been for him, I would have gone back long ago. I can manage to live through 5 days of loneliness in return for 2 days with him. He is so cute..he tries his best to make me feel happy. I am so lucky to have him. This song reflects my feelings so well. Oh I love him sooooo much!

13 comments:

fursat said...

Hey Colors,

If it makes you feel any better, I have'nt been to India since the day I came here. It has almost been 4 years now. All I can say is try keeping yourself busy as much as you can. I am sure you and V will be together pretty soon. Consider this your test. Nobody like to be tested but the fruits of labour are much more sweeter when tested.

What can say about the family and all the wonderful things that come along. I don't want to write more about it or I will make myself "senti".

Best of luck always to you and V. The guy surely is lucky and so are you.

Ricky
http://seventeentomatoes.rediffblogs.com/

Anonymous said...

hey girl..if feeling so lonely go and stay with the most colorful color of your life...what are you waiting for? and I can empathise with your missing your sweetheart.missing being with him..its hard to stay away from ur sweetheart..u miss all the kisses the hugs the touch and the love..dont feel bad, and cheer up! ...make lots of love on weekend and cherish the smell and love for weeks....u'll agree that works..

Libby

^rashmi^ said...

What's up babe?
Yaar everyone is sailing in the same boat here, lovesick, homesick,culturesick , old-friends sick.....well what I mean is everyone is missing something or the other, you can work on my advise which I will send you separately through e-mail or will give you call(I don't know when tht day will come:-)) but right now the weekend is here....sooo....have fuuuunnnnnnnnnn!!!

Anonymous said...

hm....so weekend came again! have fun this weekend too!

Can relatwe to so many things u said! festivals come and go and lonliness increases!

I remember hearing this song " Chithi aayi hai" by Pankaj Udhas...I loved the song for what it said...but then tried to avoid it coz it used to make me feel very sad! anyways....have a lovely weekend :) :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Gaurav said...

This is the story with everybody i guess...It seems we all are sailing in the same boad..Missing too many mortals and things...
Infact i came up with my post "Missing badly.." which was on similar lines...
But i guess u are better placed than me..U have "V"!!
Enjoy...

wise donkey said...

Hi colors,
hey cheer up
Happy Valentine's Day

Deepak Jeswal said...

Awwwww....dont feel so bad....this too shall pass... i know i know it sucks...i did feel bad a bit about not being at home on my birthday, and not hv mom fuss over me that day... but kya karen...such is life! thankfully, the blog was the conduit to some lively moments which made me forget all that... cheer up , smile and think about V...and hey, a VERY VERY HAPPY VALENTINE's DAY TO YOU AND V.

Colors said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Colors said...

Oops...deleted the prev post by mistake....typing it again....

Dearest All,
Thank you ever so much for your lovely response. I am touched...really...I was being silly for feeling blue and thinking of stuffs I dont have and not appreciating all that I have. I have V with me plus the love and company of all you wonderful people. I will try my best not to crib in the future :-)

Colors said...

Someone Somewhere, welcome to my blog. I hope you continue to visit and since you have now registered....no more excuses for not commenting!

Colors said...

Goddess,
Welcome to my blog. Indeed, you have truly said. Its simply awesome how one can pour one's heart out...and there are people who not only listen to you, but also understands and encourages you. Thanks for visiting...hope to see you again!

Colors said...

Hey Goddess...you didnt leave your blog addr....Do lemme know the next time you visit. Thanks, Colors