Friday, February 25, 2005

I saved someone's life today

He laughed happily and said "You are a life saver!"

Yes, apparantly I saved his life. Now, dont get me wrong. I didnt do any act of bravery like pull him out of the way of a speeding truck or lend him a huge amount of money (not that I have such kinda money) so that that he can afford a costly medical treatment. No, my life goes much simpler than that. I got an email in the morning from a user saying that he cannot see a button in a particular application. He even sent me the help document of the application to let me know the where button should be. I checked everything in the application, his access and everything. All seemed fine.
I called him and asked him to walk-through, whatever he is doing, with me over the phone. He was doing exactly what he was supposed to do...except for one small thing. He was looking for the button in the wrong place! That was when he had made that particular comment. Only question I have is....whatever was he doing with the help documentation???!

Well...anyway, its almost the end of the week...or rather the begining of the weekend :-)
This weekend's gonna be busy for me and my 'strong' friends. I am moving to another apartment. So will be busy packing, shifting, unpacking and most of all cleaning.
Cleaning is a big headache, coz the apartment people charge astounding amount as fine if they find anything dirty...like e.g. if the bathroom mirror has a spec of water stain on it.
As for shifting, I am not worried about it as all my friends will be there. So, I wouldnt have to lift a thing :-). Thats the charm of being the only girl in the group ;-)
One of my friend is coming back from India tomorrow. I remember, when I had first got my couches, he and V had struggled a LOT to get them up into my apartment. And his luck (good/bad) that he is arriving just a day before I am moving. Right in time to help me..(khi khi khi). Well, we dont call him 'Macho Man' for nothing!

Hope you all have a great weekend.

13 comments:

^rashmi^ said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
^rashmi^ said...

If the guy is american then it proves only one thing (again&again&again) and that is 'Americans are dumb!'(no offense but it's true!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Colors (or shall I say Life-Saver...;)

I take some tech calls too when no one is around in the office to take them and you will be surprised by kind of question people ask. For e.g most common question we get is "It says my password is not working?". Our standard response "Is your CAP Lock ON?" Their standard answer "Yes, is it a problem?"...ha ha.

I hate moving, coz I have moved all my life (read my dad was in army). Infact this is the most stable I have been for years. 4 years in one city...dang it...I have never gone to India even in these 4 years...:'(

Anonymous said...

aah! moving into other apartment! good that u have so mnany friends to help u out otherwise it can be a nightmare...........aah!
chalo aapko 'greh pravesh' mubarak ho in advance.......

Anks said...

hi colours (the life saver!!!) me back after a long time....

thats a whole lot of movies you saw last week end......

changing apartments is a so irksome!!! ( even if you have friends who will lift move all your stuff nd you needn't lift a finger)

Have a nice weekend!

Deepak Jeswal said...

Hi... By this time hopefully u wud hv shifted to ur new place...CONGRATULATIONS!

Hope its better and luckier than the prev one!

And, yep, the 'help' in most applications need help to understand them...so usually, even i go looking for 'life savers' when i am stuck! :)

Anonymous said...

oh there are instances where HELP documents do realy confuse...hmm oh shifting just drains ur energy provided uhave friends around. i think work would be easy with friends... hope u r done with shifting stuff..

^rashmi^ said...

Arey yaar Kaush,
When I read my name that capital 'RASHMI'....I knew what's coming....seriously I am such a lazy person, beside I have explained this earlier to colors but will do that again for you(and eat up colors space here!!) so the thing is I have my sweetheart to whom I talk, about 4-5 hours a day about everything and anything that has to do with what i feel,what happened, how something happened, my views and all the things that you guys write or talk about(common issues!!)and then I have some bunch of friends to whom I repeat everything over weekends so now writing that down again!!!
I seriously am so lazyyyyy!! besides I get lot of good listening ears and reciprocating minds for my bakbak everyday and over the weekends. So I seriously do not intend to bore more people:-)! But I think one day I will take up this task and write down my 'utterances' too:-)!!!

^rashmi^ said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nupur said...

:D One question that I find most annoying is - I changed my password yesterday and didn't write it down. Do you know what it might be..??!!!

Hoping that you have moved by now. Coincidently every time I've had to move since I've been here in Oz there has been someone who has done the "shifting work" for me. Pehle it was Didi and then 'him'. I just packed and went off to uni/work and returned to the new place and Viola! all stuff is there, ready for me to un-pack.
;)

So... whenz the House-warming??!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Colors, Naman and Geeta are waiting for you to read their love-saga :)

Deepak Jeswal

Colors said...

Hi Anks....a warm welcome...thanks for visiting and leaving your footprints.

Colors said...

Everyone....thanks! The move went smoothly...no broken ribs and no broken furniture :-) Only thing broken is the cable and internet connection!