Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Weekend roundup

Nothing much happening lately. Days are passing by and life is going on. A roundup on the weekend activities....
Last week Indiana saw a lot of water. Flood everywhere...so much that roads were blocked and few towns had blackouts. Luckily nothing happened around where I stay except for some deep potholes on the road. Columbus saw the heaviest rainfall since 1913! This winters been weird for Columbus with record breaking weather. V came over to Indy instead of me going there.
It snowed again in Indy on Fri night. Woke up on Sat morning or rather Sat noon to a beautiful surrounding. Since the snow wasn't as heavy as the last time, the greens peeping out of the white blanket looked superb. Me and V clicked a lot of pics.

Went to Columbus and registered ourselves along with a friend to Ice Skating classes. We missed one of the 8 classes and we'll start from next Sat. We tried our hands on roller skates and me and V were pathetic! Our friend N on the other hand skated away like a pro! I am sure he will leave us far behind on ice skating too.
Saw 'The Hero' movie. Found it worse than Crouching Tiger... Wanted to watch Veer Zara, but haven't got the chance yet.

Rest of the weekend went by in a pretty normally. When I came back to Indy I had a pleasant surprise in store for me. My cable-wala was showing an Indian channel! I haven't subscribed to any Indian channel so when I discovered TV Asia while flipping through the channels, I was a happy. The first thing I saw was Shh.. Koi Hai. I remembered it vaguely from India...Vikraal. Though it was a nice change, I still couldn't bear to see it for more than 5 mins. Hindi news is also a god change. Yesterday saw some golden oldie songs.

Now am getting bored. So now uploading all my pics and also listening to Hindi net radio. Got to get back to my pics.

4 comments:

fursat said...

Yea, I would highly recommend "Quiet American" and Majestic". I am a big movie buff too as you can tell. I saw "Along came Polly" in theatres and it was alright. How did you like it? I like Ben Stiller actully. He is funny...))

Colors said...

Hi Mehul,
Potholes are really a pain..u have to keep dodging them as a runaway vehicle dodges the traffic in movies! Me too am excited to start my skating classes this Sat. I hope I manage to stand atleast! As for the hindi channel, it really is a nice change specially to watch desi news.

Colors said...

Hi Ricky, will definitely look out for those movies. 'Along came Polly' is quite nice. I too find Ben Stiller funny and like his movies. Have you seen 'Meet the Parents' and 'Meet the Fockers'?

Anonymous said...

Nice blog...I can empathise with your missing your sweetheart....its hard to stay away from ur sweetheart..u miss all the kisses the hugs the touch and the love..dont feel bad, and cheer up! ...make lots of love on weekend and cherish the smell and love for weeks....u'll agree that works..