Thursday, January 06, 2005

In Retrospect

Almost a week gone of the new year and didn't even realize. 2004 too came and went...it seems like in a jiffy. Overall it was a great year for me. It was one of the most important year of my life. It had lotsa change, fun, adventure, whole lot of love and some very difficult times.

The most significant 'event' would be breaking off with my ex. After being with V, I realized what my heart wants and what true love is. Time spent with him has been the bestest ever. I thank God for bringing him to my life. I feel I have matured in terms of understanding relationships.

2004 also marked the change in jobs. I left my job of 3 yrs, my first ever job and moved out. Though things were bitter those days, I have come to realize how much it has helped me in terms of growing up professionally. This eventually triggered me moving out to a new city, meet new people, make new friends. I started staying alone...became more independent and confident. As I always believe, whatever happens, happens for good.
Another positive outcome of this was that I learnt how to drive. Though learning to drive had always been in my to-do list, being a true procrastinator, I never got to actually doing it. However circumstances and necessity led me to it sooner than I had ever hoped.

On a more adventurous scale, in 2004 I managed to do the 2 most daring stuff that I had never even dreamt of doing. First was River Rafting. I agreed for this just for my friends. Didn't know how I would manage to stay in the raft. Water terrifies me. On top of that I wasn't feeling well. The morning before we started - dunno whether it was me not feeling well or just plain fright - I puked! But once that was done, I felt good and enjoyed the whole experience thoroughly. Didn't fall off the boat the entire 7hrs trip.

Next was Sky Diving. Gosh! That was one awesome adventure. The time when I was really really scared was while standing by the plane door..looking down..ready to jump. Thats the time when I screamed...No! I don't wanna do this! But my guide pushed me...and then it was the best thrilling experience of my life.

On a lighter note...2004 also saw my first rishta. When my mom told me about it, I had mixed feelings. I felt funny that now even I have become the hunted one. I was also worried that this will trigger a series of rishtas - with aunts desperate to find a perfect match for me. Thankfully my parents too weren't too keen and thats the 1st and last I have heard of this...yet.

So.....2004 was a rainbow of colors. Lets see what 2005 has in store for me!

4 comments:

Deepak Jeswal said...

I am sure 2005 will be a brighter and more colorful year!

And, yeah, time does fly fast...i was just thinking this, but on monday, i will complete 4 months in Nepal...it seems i just came here yesterday only!

Yes, that way we have two things in common- i also got a new job, i also shifted to a new place...actually, make that three things...even i am now staying alone!

Ski diving and river rafting...sounds thrilling...but i am getting the shivers as well...

Finally, do leave ur comments ... achcha lagta hai...incidentally, a fresh new post is up...read that one, and the link also that i hv provided ! You won't be disappointed!

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I got your blog address from Priyangini's blog. I really liked the way you sumerized your one year, which to me sounded quite dramatic and fun. I would love to do river-rafting sometimes but just did'nt got the chance yet. You can visit my blog at http://seventeentomatoes.rediffblogs.com/

Thanx Ricky.

Gaurav said...

Hi Colors..
First timer here and came thru Rickys blog..
dont know much but i guess...marriage is on cards for u in 2005!!what say?
;-
Gaurav

Colors said...

Hi Gaurav,
Welcome. I hope you are wrong...I wanna get married at the earliest on 2006.
Keep coming back!