Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Slip and slide away

Slip and slide away you go....this lovely no. was amongst my earliest music collection. And this was exactly how it was on my first ice skating class. I knew it was gonna be tough...and it was! For almost the entire hour I was trying to walk on the ice literally hanging on to the railing on the wall. V did quite well, infact, I was quite impressed. Just a couple of rounds with the support of the railing...and then he was all set to go! He was able to not only walk, but also skate quite a bit. My other friend N, was whizzing away like a pro. He was so good that the instructor said that he has a 'gift'! Few of my other friends had joined the classes 5 weeks ago and they were in the same batch. They also were doing good. So among all of us, I was the last in the class. The instructor encouraged me saying that it was 3 weeks before they let go of the railing. So considering that I feel I am not too bad coz by the end of the class I was able to walk without holding on! That boosted up my rapidly sinking spirits. Also not once did I fall down. However, according to people, that might just be wats holding me back. They say once I fall down, I will lose the fear and then it'll be easier for me let go of the railing. Sigh! Am I crazy or what to let myself fall down? And oh the pain! By the end of the class, all 3 of us were dead exhausted. Our legs hurt so bad. And I didnt even fall down once! Dunno if there's a connection, but the same night both my hands were aching too. Was that coz I was holding on to the railing? But overall it was a great experience. I wanna learn fast and be able to zoom by just like thos cute lil girls.

A bunch of us had planned to go to the temple the next day on Sunday in Louiseville, Kentucky. Its about 2hrs drive. We had also thought of going to an Indian restaurant for lunch. I was looking forward to it coz since the time I have been here in US, I havent been to a single temple. :( I woke up the next to a bright day. Looking outside I realized the brighness was not due to the Sun, but due to snow. It had snowed in the night. And so our plan got cancelled. The highlight of the day was N made yummmy wada pav for breakfast. That guy's a blessing in disguise for all of us though of course I'm not gonna tell him that! :)

7 comments:

fursat said...

Hey Colors,

Thanx for your comment on my blog. You will learn skating too I am sure (look who is talking, I can't skate on road forget ice...he he). Wada-pav...kya bat hai. I have updated my blog and beware it's my most controversial blog ever...he he...

Ricky
http://seventeentomatoes.rediffblogs.com/

Colors said...

Hi Ricky,
Dont worry! I too cant skate on road. So, is this taking too big a step?? Read your 'contoversial' post in a hurry as I was in the office. Will post my comments there itself.

Colors said...

Hi Kaush...nice to see you back. Its so cool, u can skate! Wish I had learnt while a kid. I am sure you too will do great on ice. Hope so I get over the learning period soon and be able to soar, as u say, like a bird.
So u stay close to a temple! Thats interesting. Then you wouldnt be missing India much!

fursat said...

Hey Colors,

Thanx for your comment(s) maam. We have three
gurudwara(s) in our small city. So, I goto one of them (the oldest...more than 100 years old) on Sundays (mostly for langar...ha ha....kidding). We have one mandir here but it is on the outskirts. I went there once with my desi freind. The odd thing is that everybody in mandir speaks punjabi incl. the panditji who is more like a buddy to us.

Ricky

Colors said...

Hi Ricky, C'mon u dont have to thank every time. Ppl like u and me keep reading n commenting. No need 2 b formal.
Well, in a way it must be nice to be in a place full of desis. I heard Punjabi is the 3rd national language of Canada after English and French. Isnt that amazing? I have never had langar food, but my frens say its yummy!

fursat said...

Hey Colors,

Ok no formality from now on...lol

Punjabi is the third official language of "British Columbia" after English and Mandarin. In Canada it's among top 5 but you can give your written licence test in punjabi and stuff everywhere. Also, in 2001 the Priemer of BC was a punjabi guy too and we have lots of politians who are punjabi and in high ranks. Like the health minister of Canada is Punjabi guy (the same guy who was BC's premier..lol).

Ricky..

Mausmi J said...

Happy Republic Day!!!

Follow this link : o3.indiatimes.com/mausmi/