Thursday, January 22, 2009

Only in America

During our Christmas gift shopping spree, we went to this one store and got a couple of items, one for $10 and another for $25. We used a $10 off $25 coupon and with taxes, we got both the items for a total for $26.48.

Turns out, we ended up not gifting the $25 item to anyone. And since we ourselves didn't have any particular use of it, we decided to return it.

So, a few days ago I went back to the store to return it....and guess what, with taxes I got a refund of $26.49. That's 1c more than what we paid for! The $10 item we had got was completely free! The girl at the counter did realize something was wrong, but she couldn't do anything about it.
This can happen only in America!

3 comments:

fursat said...

LOL !! Try this trick sometime in India and you will be chased out of the store :P

Anonymous said...

oh ya...have returned a lots of stuff ..coupen is a v good idea...The next I get flyers, I ll make sure I keep them-My piggy bank :-)

Colors said...

Ricky, exchanging stuff itself is difficult in India...returning and getting a refund in next to impossible! LOL.

Hi Smi, welcome to my blog. Lately I have been trying to use those mail coupons and have managed to save some money. You should try it too! Smart shopping is the way to do it :)