Monday, January 05, 2009

Aamir likes ShamWOW!

I was reading the recent entries of Aamir Khan's blog....and one post Homeward Bound (Nov,06,2008) interested me. In that post he mentions about US tele-shop products and how they sell unusual stuff and how tempted he is to buy some of them.

One such product that he mentions is this piece of cloth with amazing absorbing power. I am pretty sure Aamir is talking about
ShamWOW.


It has one of TV's most irritating salesperson ever featured in its advertisement. But every time the ad comes on TV, I end up watching the entire ad, no matter how many times I have already seen it or how annoying that guy is! I just dont know why! He is even worse than Billy Mays who normally markets a lot of similar products on TV, from Kaboom to Mighty Putty. Do check out the ShamWOW ad, if you haven't already seen it. Maybe you can explain to me why I get transfixed everytime I see it on TV?

7 comments:

fursat said...

Ha ha !! I actually remember reading that post of Aamir sometime back. I have seen this Ad too and the guy sure is irritating. For some reason even me and my brother end up watching some cheesy tele-shop product Ads. Our fav. is this Ad for Mixers and Grinders that make all kinda stuff from shakes to pasta sauce to 100 other things. Its the most cheesy Ad with B-grade actors but somehow we end up watching it everytime :P

Colors said...

LOL Ricky, are you by chance talking about Magic Bullet? U know, I own one! I got it as a gift this X'mas..coz my fren knew I wanted one :) Its a great mixer in spite of the bad ad :)

Have you noticed some of these ads, like you those personal headphone and Snuggie (blankets with sleeves)...they use the same B-grade actors. There's this one old man who is in most of these ads. Me and V find it so funny that no matter what the ad is about, he is always watching TV on them!

fursat said...

Oh God noooooo...yes am talking about Magic Bullet. Main phir aa raha hoon aapke wahan, U n V better demonstrate all the uses of Magic Bullet and we all can act as those B-grade actors...lol.

Anonymous said...

I have watched the add clicking the link. Yes, host is little irritating kinda but the product and its sounds interesting so it will make interesting to watch again and again :)

Anonymous said...

I have watched the add clicking the link. Yes, host is little irritating kinda but the product and its sounds interesting so it will make interesting to watch again and again :)

Anonymous said...

Ops! It posted twice.

Colors said...

:) Yeah Juneli, I guess its the product that makes it interesting than the presenter. You know, this guy has affected so many people here in the US...you will find tons of people in the blog world who have written about him :)