Saturday, February 03, 2007

Five Point Someone

So I finished reading Five Point Someone. It took me 2 sittings (or rather lying downs since I read it during my bed time) to complete the book, so you can imagine its quite a page turner.

The book is fast paced and quite funny and dark at the same time. I enjoyed it immensely. Reminded me a lot about my engineering days back in Pune. I was never overworked like these guys were, but their attitude towards the institute (or insti as they call it) is quite similar to my feelings towards my college.

The story is about three guys from completely different backgrounds who come together after undergoing ragging on their first day in IIT. Their bonding become stronger when end up with 5 point something GPAs in their first term. The story is about their friendship,adventure and confusion as they continue to fight the system trying to find out easy/better way out of 'mugging up' and getting better GPAs.

The narration has an easy flow and the characters are well sketched and very imaginable. I specially enjoyed the witty comments/one liners - pretty funny!

Go ahead...read it. As for me, I'm off to read One Night @ the Call Center !!!

3 comments:

fursat said...

I haven't read it yet but it usually takes me longer to read books. I don't read more than 30 pages a day. The book looks interesting esp. because I also did Engineering like yourself and most Engineering students in India have similar lifestyle.

Nice review and let's see what you think of ONCC because I haven't read good review of this one.

Nice review. I already have read two books you reviewed before and loved them, so I have a good chance of liking this one too :-)

Anks said...

this book is on my fav list too...

i didn't like on@tcc much... lets see your views about it!

Anonymous said...

Super Fast!!! :P

I knew you would like it.

And you know it was in my book taggei list :)

Waiting to know your views on the next book :)