Friday, January 26, 2007

What's my song?

How many times have you found yourself humming a tune or singing a song but to your frsutration dont remember the title of the song? How often I have tried to google the lyrics trying to search for the song but with not such a great result.

Well, we now have Midomi to rescue. This innovative search site allows you to sing/hum a tune and it will search for the song for you! How cool is that!!!

Can't wait to get home and try it out!!

Update: I tried this out and it works pretty good. It did return songs to the tunes (or mis-tunes :P) that I hummed. And yeah, when I sang a Hindi song (which I knew was 'based' on an English tune), it did return the English song. Now you can how which songs inspires our Bollywood songs!

5 comments:

fursat said...

Oye, competition with me for technical posts....ha ha.

This looks like a good idea, why didn't I think of it. I remember once I was coming home with a friend and we forgot the song title and went crazy about it. I remembered it like at midnight and called her up to tell the title...lol

There is one problem though, will it be able to search hindi songs though, otherwise it is no use to me as I hardly hear angreezi ke songs :P

Colors said...

:) Naa re Ricky, no competition. This is just a 'cool stuff' post :)

You can certainly try singing hindi songs. But if the result gives you english songs, then you'll know what "inspired" the hindi song :D

fursat said...

I am sure if I will hum any of Anu Malik's song, we will be directed to some Angreezi song. This is fun...yeayyyyyyyyy :P

I was just kidding re. Infact, I was inspired by your few technical posts to create mine :-)

Anonymous said...

Interesting one.

Reading your post I also felt in the same way Ricky felt :P

Since last four days I'm trying to recall a song - neither I could recall the tune not the word. I know the name of film and artist. In such case it's not helpful :P

But it's really quite interesting.

Colors said...

Actually Juneli, this site might help you since you can search by the artist name too. Of course, dont know if it'll work for hindi/nepali songs yet :)