Wednesday, January 24, 2007

A surprise

Yesterday evening I got a call from V. Ok, I know I always get calls from him. Nothing special to blog about that, you'll say. But this one was different! He told me I had received a parcel from Oklahoma. Since I just moved, I still haven't changed my postal address officially, so I'm still get my mails in his address. I was completely zapped by his announcement. Even though I have loads of relatives spread all over US, I couldn't recollect my folks mentioning Oklahoma at all. So I hurried V to open up the parcel. I have to admit one thing though, the parcel was packed damn well! It took him quite a while to get it open! Inside the parcel was two things that I had wanted for a long time. Five Point Someone and One Night @ the Call Center by Chetan Bhagat. Immediately I knew who had sent me the lovely gift. It had to be none other than my dear friend Juneli! Juneli, thank you so much for the thoughtful gift. I'll get my hands on it this weekend. And I'm looking forward to reading your letter too :). I have been waiting to lie my hands on some book and now I got two! That too the ones I had been waiting to read for a long time! Whee!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

:) :)

Was smiling reading the word Oklahoma.

I think he didn't read the name of sender. I told my nephew to mention his nick name instead of mine.

Actually I packed the books and put your address and sent that to you.

You love to get surprises and I also love to give surprises :P.

fursat said...

This is an awesome surprise. Infact, you kept me guessing the whole time, till I read that it was from our very own Juneli Madam. This is great surprise esp. when you are not expecting it all. I haven't read any either so do tell me the reviews later. Enjoy !!

Colors said...

Hey Juneli :)
He did write his name, thats why I started thinking of all my relatives :) That was indeed a lovely surprise. Thank you soo much once again. What a nice gift for Saraswati Puja :D

Hey Ricky, yeah it was an awesome surprise. I will surely let you know abt the books