Sunday, December 04, 2005

Watsup?

Well well well...time just flies doesnt it? And as the technologies of the world keep improving, seems like so is Time's method of travelling. Time seems to be travelling faster and faster. Can you believe its already December?!!! Where did the rest of the months go? I have been so caught up with 'non blog' stuffs that I even missed my Blog Birthday! No need to mention how utterly wonderful the past year has been...getting to know and make friends with you wonderful guys. It has been a great blog year and I hope it will continue to be...

Now the time for my update.
Well, since my plans to go home was fixed, I have been keeping busy with shopping for friends, family and relatives. This is indeed a big chore. Nowadays you get everything in India and its becoming extremely difficult to decide what to get for whom. I have been making rounds of stores and malls, buying gifts ...reflecting over them once I bring them home and then going back to the stores to return and get something else.


Over the Thanksgiving weekend, I went to Pittsburgh. When I arrived there, it was freaking cold and was snowing. It was like a reminder of how the winter is actually gonna be. 9 of my friends drove from Columbus, so by Thursday morning, we were a happy group of 11 crammed in V's one bedroom appt.That day we decided to go to a temple. Pittsburgh is famous for the Balaji temple there. After their long drive, my friends were famished with hunger. The choice of temple to visit was greatly favored by the kind of food we would get there. Eventually when we did set off in the cold, we somehow ended up deciding on a Krishna temple in Wisconsin. The brochure also showed this lovely picture of something they call Palace of Gold which also helped in making us decide to go there. Some wise guy in our group said its just 20 miles away and we set off! We drove on and on and on and finally we reached the place almost 2 hrs later!!!! It was coldd and we were hungry! The Palace of Gold was pretty impressive. It is basically a beautiful monument set up as a shrine to one of the gurus ISKCON. After a guuided tour of the palace where the guide informed us of how the palace was made with marbles from 17 countries and other stuffs. We then proceeded on to the temple....the temple too was lovely. Then came the part we were most interested at....FOOD!! We went to the cafeteria and had the yummiest thali of poori, sabji, rice and dal with samosa and tea.

The next day was Black Friday. The day after Thanksgiving is called Black Friday and during this day stores offer huge discounts and they open up early in the morning. We had decided to go to the stores when they open at 5am, but then came to know one of them would open at 12am itself. So it just happened that we were shopping from 12am till 8am!! Though standing in the checkout queues for hours was tiring, but overall it was fun.

The rest of the weekend went by quickly and soon it was time to return. Only 20 more days for me to leave for India. As much as I am excited to be back with my family, I am feeling sad at the same time to be away from V for an entire month.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome Back after a hiatus!! I will come back and comment later....aaram se...:-)

Anonymous said...

welcome back colors...shopping all night??? that mustve been something! hope u have a great time in india- RS

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday to You!!
Happy Belated Birthday Dear "Pukuli"!!
Happy Belated Birthday to You!!


It was pleasure knowing a part of you through blogging. May you continue to post such colorful posts.

Did you shop anything for me or will you do it in India...LOL

How was the fireplace at V's place?

Mandir waala part padh ke mere ko bhook lag gayee...LOL

We don't have anything such as Black Friday in Canada. Only big sale is on Boxing Day and we will have to stand in line at mid-night in snow this year coz we have lots of shopping plans.

Have a great trip to India and I am sure this judaai of one month will be worth it, when you return...;-)

wise donkey said...

happy birthday to you
happy birthday to youuuuu
haaaaapppppppy birrrrrrrthday to dear Pukuliiiiiiiiiii
haaaaaaaapppppppppppy birrrrrrrrthdaaaaaaaaaaay tooooo
yooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

hope you have a wonderful time when u come to India. shopping for others can be real fun:)

tc:)

Anonymous said...

A Very Happy Birthday to ur Blog - and keep the posts coming, enjoy ur India trip :-)

Anks said...

happy belated birthday to you...! :)

enjoy your india trip a lottttttttttttttttttt......

Anonymous said...

heeeeey, happy blog budday.I to can't belive that it's december & it's been one wonderful year since i met al my blog buddies. wow so u r on a shopping spree. can't wait gettin into flight ain't it? :)

Anonymous said...

hey lady! how have you been? It seems like we totally lost touch with each other! I am so glad to know you are going to India..you are going to have a very wonderful time :) have loads and loads of fun and bring back many many stories for us :):)take care

Nupur said...

Many many happy returns of the day to your blog gurl!!!!

What happened to all the plans we had..... for a special gift for Pukuli on her birthday?

Only your time in India. And what gift did you buy for me in the Thanksgiving Sale?! ;)

Anonymous said...

Hope you are having a GOOD time in desh!! Waiting for your travelog when you get back :)
for once it will be without "V" in it ;) :P hehe he u know I don't like V :)) :D

Moonie
http://moonietheloonie.rediffblogs.com/

Colors said...

Hi Ricky thanks though its not that I am 'officially' back. Anyway as always u take the gold.

Hey RS thanks. Yeah shopping was crazy...I have told myself I wont do it next yr..but u never know! Thanks a tonne...I am soooo excited :D

Ricky :) Thank you! As for judai...V will be facing the brunt of it more than me....tsk!

Hi Gaya, thanks! How r u doing? I think I am done with shopping..but then I still have one Saturday left :P

Colors said...

Hi DJ...thanks! Hows life going on? Not sure if I can keep the posts coming in, but I sure will enjoy my trip!

Hey Anks Thanksssssssssssss! How are you doing?

Hi Chandu, thank you. Yeah can you imagine only a few more days and we'll be saying bye-bye to 2005! Yeah...i cant hardly wait to be on flight and get out of it!

Hi SM :) Thank you....c'mon no thank yous....friendship is a two-way relation and I am lucky to have found friends like you. Preparations going on...have packed and unpacked my luggage so many times I dont even remember!

Colors said...

Hieee Kaush, I know we seem to have lost touch of each other! How r u doing? Thanks for ur wishes...I will enjoy my trip...just hope the food there still suits my stomach as am gonna HOG like anything!

Hi Moonie! :P LOL....why dont you like V? :P And are you sure my India trip travelogue would be without V???