Thursday, December 22, 2005

Yipppeeeeeee!!!!!

Yippppeeeeeeeee!!!!! I am sooooooooooo veryyyyyy excitedddddddddd!!!!! Just 2 more days !!! Tomorrow's my last working day and I have Saturday to spend with V and then I will be gone for 5 weeks!!!!!!! The last few weeks have been hectic.....shopping has been a tiresome continuous process, work's been trying too as I had to complete assignments and wrap up. However, this week has been okay.... with the MTA strike on, most of my colleagues could not make it to work and neither could my manager. So things are quite cool with everyone in the holiday spirit!

A week before, we had organised an International Lunch at work. People were to bring food representing their country. Since most of my colleagues are from different parts of the world, the variety of food we had that day was awesome! I got to taste many new superb dishes and even learnt a few new country names. To add more fun to the event, we had a "Fear Factor" section where food that is common to a certain country but might not be too appealing to one's eyes or mind were included. People got stuffs like Octopus, Chicken Feet and some really yucky looking stuffs. We even had a prize (bottle of stomach medicine) for the one who tried most of the fear factor food :-)

Well guys, thats the update for now. Thank you all for checking in regularly even though I was not responding to your comments. Not sure when I will post again but will try from home anyway. I am flying on 25th eve from JFK airport and land in New Delhi on 26th night. My parents are already in Delhi waiting for my arrival. The next morning we have our flight to Bagdogra airport and then another 3hrs drive and I will be home! Yeah..its a long journey but after Delhi I'd be with my parents so it wont be bad at all. As always, on the way from Bagdogra airport to Gangtok, I shall be stopping to gorge on a plate load of Momos!!! Slurrrpppp!

So, wish you all HAPPY HOLIDAYS and a very HAPPY & PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR!
Hope you all have a blast!!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can feel your excitement. I know shopping can be so tiring and esp. if its for others plus almost everything can be now found back home so you don't know what different stuff you should buy. I am glad that you were not affected by strike. It's over though anyways.

International Lunch sounds fun. What did you bring, Girl? I am sure anything you cooked will go directly into "Fear Factor" category...BUHAHAAAAAAAAAA!!

Have a safe trip back home. Take care of yourself. Don't HOG too much esp. in Delhi as food can be really bad there and so can water. Have fun in your trip.

I will keep your blog alive with insane long comments and will mail you too, so check that whenever you can. Will miss you for sure. I will email you the long list of things you should bring for me from India.

Enjoy!!!

Nupur said...

Oh My Gosh!!!! :D
Wow! This post has just got me buzzing!!!!!! I am soooo excited and happy for you.

LOL@Ricky 4 "Fear Factor". Sounds very interesting! And I would have been disqualified straightaway becuase I sure wouldnt have tried any thing non-vegie! :P

Achha tell me will be around Delhi during 1st Feb - 6th Feb? Because if yess... then may be we should terrorize Anubha to organise a Delhi Bloggers Meet while we are both there!! What do you think? ;)

Have a Safe trip!
And *hopefully* I might see you. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Colors!
I hope you have a wonderful vacation! have a safe trip.

I wish you a Merry Christmas and a happy new year! :)

Anonymous said...

Many many wishes for a Prosperous and Happy 2006. Hope u hv a blast of time in India. Enjoy to the max.

Anonymous said...

Hi Colors,

You must have reached India. I hope you are having fun. I will be keeping u updated at your comment box too, just for fun...LOL

I am having a blast here too although its not same as going back home. Today was a shopping day for me, Boxing Day Sale. I cannot believe, I window shopped for 5 hours...phew...thak gaya.

Take care and very Happy New Year to you and V.

Love N Luck
Ricky

Anks said...

hey. hope u are havin loads of fun...

Anonymous said...

Lucky you - I can already feel the excitement. Have a great New Year.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year !!!

Moonie

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Colors!! I am sure this would have been your best New Year's for a long while. I hope you had good fun.

I had a good New Year's too with my brother that included wining and dining...;-)

Today, I went to Gurudware and so had nice yummy food. That's it. Just 2 days left before I leave for Vancouver.

Anonymous said...

hi,
happy new year & hope you are enjoying @ home with famly & frenz.. make mostout of the trip.. happy holidays too

Anonymous said...

I am back from Vancouver. It was fun. I had really good time with all my cousins. I also went to an Indian Resturant and had "Chole Bhature" after almost 2 years.

My Univ has already started but tomorrow will be my first day. This should be another exciting semester.

Chalo, have fun. Take care...

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year colors!! are u back from india??

Moonie

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Everyone!!

Anonymous said...

Hey colors gal, where are you?? when will you be back? Missing your blog posts :) :D I have an update on my blog asking for Anti Fairness Campaign Ideas? :) Please put in your thoughts...

Moonie
http://moonietheloonie.rediffblogs.com/

Anonymous said...

Happy Republic Day!!

Chalo, jaldi aao waapis ab. I am waiting here...