Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Update

Few of you might be wondering, but my life has NOT been hectic. Its just that I am not getting a chance to blog and fool around. However, certains things HAS been happening which I would like to share with you all.

V got a new job in a new city. He has now moved to Pittsburgh, PA. So no more trips to Indiana for me. I'll miss the small town Columbus. It had become a home for me in the US. Every time I went back there, I used to have the nice warm feeling that you get when you return home after a long vacation. I will miss that.

So, my next trip will be to Pittsburgh. V's got an appt with a fireplace and I cant wait to warm my feet there. Since V had to give up his official laptop, I gave mine to him. He was in a new place all alone, he needs it more than I. So I made this huge sacrifice. Hence, dear friends, I was unable to blog for so long. Blogging from office was out of question (though I m posting this post from work :D). Plus at home I wasn't comfortable using my landlady's computer.

The next big tragedy that completely cut me off from the rest of the world was that I left my cell phone in Columbus. The weekend of 3rd Nov I was in Columbus since it was a long weekend for me (Eid). It was a good time to go since I could attend the Diwali celbrations there and also it was V's last day in the old co. Gradually my contact with my very first co. is diminishing. I still have a few of my old friends working there, but I am sure it wont be long before they too find somewhere else to go.
That Sunday an ex-manager of ours took me and V out for dinner to a fondue restaurant, The Melting Pot, in Indianapolis. This was my first ever experience in fondue and I loved it. The food was awesome, but mostly it was the 'cooking' part that was fun! The chocolate fondue that we had for dessert was too good. Yummmmm...... I was so intoxicated by the yummy chocolate that I forgot my cell phone there. Realised it only when the affect started to wear off as we approached Columbus which is a good 1 hr away. I had no option but to return to New York the next morning with no cell phone.

The absence of my laptop and more importantly my cell phone left me feeling almost handicapped. Thank God my landlady has an unlimited long distance calls phone plan, so I could call V whenever I wanted. Else I would have gone mad! Now half the ordeal is over since I received my phone yesterday. The nice people at the restaurant sent it to me without charging a cent!

The next big news is that I am going to India!!! Yes!!!! After a long 2 years, 7 months and 20 days I would be meeting my parents! I am sooo excited. My tickets are already booked. Shall be leaving on the 25th Dec and will be gone for a good long 5 weeks. Since the day my plan got fixed, I have been day dreaming about my trip. Have been shopping like crazy and I just cant wait for these days to pass :-)

Well, thats all for now. Thanks everyone for your messages. I know I have been terrible in responding but I will try to blog more often from work ;-)

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Me FIRST!!

I will read it later as you know about my crazy week. I just glanced at the post and I think I know most of your "news". Cellophone tragedy, Laptop deal, Pittursburg move, Fireplace stuff and your trip to India. But, I wll still come later (after Friday) and comment in detail...

Anks said...

wow! u comin to India....... thats great!

V is a lucky guy.... not many wud give up their lappies like this.... lol!


what exactly is fondue????

Anonymous said...

Wow! coming to home. And what about to this home (Mama ghar)?

:) Silky Moon

Anonymous said...

Welcome back!! back to blog and back to apana desh!!!

Moonie

Anonymous said...

red-read to check when u are going to be in desh! January! cool awsome weather I bet it will be! Enjoy colors
PS: I really don't like your V!!!

Moonie
:D

Colors said...

Ricky :) you get the gold. Yeah you have been updated already. Hope your week is not as busy as you want all of us to believe :P

Hi Anks, Yesss...me coming to India..cant hardly wait! LOL yes giving up my lappy was a great sacrifice :) Sigh! Pyar mein kya kya karna padhta hai!! Fondue is basically melted cheese in which you dip goodies and eat.

Colors said...

Hey SM, Mama ko ghar ta aunai parcha ni!

Hi Moonie, Thanks and thankssss :) LOL I dont mind you not liking him ;-)

Devilish Angel said...

Good to know you are coming to India...

Anonymous said...

Why don't you go round and round...then we all can see "fool" around... ROTFLMAO

My week was freaking hectic by the way. Infact, I haven't slept on my bed for last 48 hours (some naps on my lappy though).

Do you know that Pittusburg is the cheapest city to live in US?

There was a time when people used to sacrifice their lives for love, today they sacrific laptops (but then laptops are lives these days...lol)

Say "Hi" to your landlady from my side.

Hungover on chocolate...LOL

What do you mean you "would" have gone mad?

My list of things to bring from India will be despatched to you ASAP.

Since V has lappy, why doesn't he start blogging, atleast we will have some nice posts then...***hiding in closet***

Invincible said...

hi colors,
nice meeting u @ the VBM.
Your landlady is too good to lend u her lappy n phone.

wish u a good time in India.

Anonymous said...

someone's been really busy i can see. good news colors. so happy for you. i hope u have a fabulous time and are able to post all about it after getting back. enjoy and do keep us updated!
-RS

Anonymous said...

Hi Colors....Pittsburgh is a beautiful city...those bridges over the river are mind blowing and downtown is superb too...... :)

wow! u going back to India..cooool......!!!!!!

Nupur said...

FINALLLYYY!!!!
We hear from you......

My very BEST of Luck to V on his new work placement. I hope he'll enjoy himself and climb the corporate ladder in the coming future!

and LOL@Ricky abt V starting to blog now that he's got ur lappy. Its not a bad idea actually. Coz I wish if my 'him' started blogging he would be able to better 'fathom' what FUN I have here with you guys! :D

Anyways.... you enjoy ur trips to the Pitts and not to worry re - in no time you'll feel like Pitts is just as good as ur last 'home' in Columbus!

Going to India?! *same pinch!*
For how long? *I hope till mid-Feb atleast! :P*

Anonymous said...

oh finally some updates here.. good to hear the news abt V getitng job & bigger news abt ur vist 2 India.. welcome home :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats to V for the new job and another one to u for the India trip! Hv a great time :-D And yeah do step into my blog for more Nepal pics :-)

Colors said...

Dear All, thanks for your comments and sorry for not having responded. I read your comments as you post them since I get notified in my email inbox...its just that I couldnt reply. Thanks again :)