Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Colors of a lovely weekend

I had a fantabulous weekend. Having V come over for the weekend was simply awesome. We had a great time just going around the city. I got to show him my workplace, my daily route to work and places I normally visit. We ate great food in lovely restaurants and cafes and we even ate at this Amish marketplace where I normally have my lunch. It was oh! such a romantic weekend...just the two of us, hand in hand, with no cares of the world, whatsoever. Except for one small glitch when we lost our digicam right on the very first day. That did set off our mood a bit, but it couldn't last long in the joy and sweetness that we felt on being together.

We also wanted to watch The Phantom of the Opera, but due to lack of planning and research, we kept it for Sunday evening only to know they have no shows on Sunday. Tsk! Well, there's always the next time. We also did loads of shopping. Even though its his birthday, I was the one who got most of the stuffs....ok ok...all of the stuffs except one :D

Yes, its my dear V's birthday today. And not only am I not with him, but I didn't even get to write a nice post for him :(

Happy Birthday to my darling V

Today is also the birthday of my kid cousin whose name incidentally, also starts with v. All these years, I have been missing V's birthday to attend my cousin's birthday party. This time I got to attend neither. Oh well! Happy Birthday to my cute, naughty cousin v :-)

Well folks, my life's going pretty busy at work. My landlord and family returned from their month long India trip today, so I am pretty sure this week I wont be able to do much of blogging. Coming weekend being a long one, me and my friends have planned a trip to Colorado. I will be flying from here and my friends from Indy and we are all gonna meet at Denver.

Hope you all have a great week ahead and a wonderful weekend!

UPDATE: I had forgotten about these pics I had taken with my cell phone. We had gone to the Toys R Us store at Times Square and I was quite amazed to see these structures made entirely by Lego blocks! Thought I would share with you too.

Statue of Liberty


King Kong

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! I am so happy that you had a great weekend. You deserved it after such a hectic past month with work and travelling. Sounds very romantic. Well, when you are with your better half, any place can look romantic and this was NY for God's sake...:))

Phantom of the Opera..broadway show or movie?? I am guessing the braodway show. It is pretty good, I heard.

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday Mr. V and v
May God Bless You both
Happy Birthday to you


May you both V's have a long and happy life. I am sure Colors will always be there to make your Birthdays colorful...:)) [Ok, now where is my cake and the PARTYYYY]

You guys really have some cool trips. I would love to read your travelouge of the Colorado trip. Take care...:)

Nupur said...

Oho...!!!
:D
My wishes for V and v.

And really....there is no comparison to a beautiful romantic weekend with that special someone after days of 'judai'!! ;)

Anonymous said...

Great to see an update at last! And soooo sweet to see u had such a fab weekend - haathon mein haath --- hmmm... ek dum Yash Chopra film style romantic weekend.

Belated wishes to both V's...

Aur yehi dua hai ke agle saal onwards u r with V on his birthdays and all the rest 364 days also :-)

Colors said...

Ricky, thank you sooo much for the lovely wishes and spl thanks (from V) for the beautiful card. You are so thoughtful..you really know how to make people feel special. Thanks! As for the party..you are in..time u choose, venue I will choose!

It was romantic :D ...though we didnt do special, it was fun..and NY did add charm and fun to it.

Yes, I meant the Broadway show. Havent had a chance to see one yet.

Yep, am looking fwd to this trip...have heard so much about this place! Will definitely log our activities for your reading pleasure!

Gosh! I am becoming as bad as you...till now I was writing long posts...now am writing long comments! Eeeks!

Colors said...

Thank you Nupur from me and V for your wishes. (He reads my blog, so he knows). I know! Judai is really bad...and u know what song has been playin in my head since he left.."Mujhse juda hoke, tumhe door jana hai...pal bhar ki judai, phir laut aana hai" :-|

Thanks DJ for your wishes..and thanks soo much for the lovely dua...aapke 'dua' mein ghee shakkar! LOL..Yash Chopra is a much better choice...all V could come up with was "Love in Times Square". :( That kinda burst my romantic bubble!

Anonymous said...

what could be better than a romatic weekend in that city eh? glad u had fun! hope there are many more weekends like that in store for you. denver is also lovely..visited my cousin there once...just beautiful..have fun and happy bday to all the bday ppl!
-RS

Serendipity said...

OOOH...weekend sounds nice...and yeah, happy bday to both Vs. and colorado sounds hot!!!!! have fun....LUCKY BRAT! lol and yeah, the pics are cool..!!!

Anonymous said...

You are very Welcome!!

I don't trust your venue choice...LOL. I believe you once suggested "Starbucks" to your friend, Rashmi...ha ha.

Phantom of the Opera is a really good braodway show, much better than the movie. It's a bit sad though, I hope you know that. Cats and Mama Mia are another classic ones. Is Bombay Dreams still running??

As far as you writing long comments is concerened, well achee sangat ka achaa hee asar hoga na...;)

Anonymous said...

Such a romatic weekend you had :).

Few days ago I was thinking to ask with you about his birthday. You remember that you said he is also Virgo :).

Anyway Belated Happy Birday to "V" and your Niece too :).


:) Silky Moon

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures of the lego-thingy. I didn't knew you were still into them...LOL

Colors said...

Hey RS, thanks so much! Yes Denver is beautiful..do read my travelogue and check out the pics

Hi Nitty Thanks! :-) LoL..the trip was good. Hope u get some time off ur school work and get to read about it.

Hey Ricky, dont worry, the venue would be great. You should by now trust me and V's culinary tastes :-) Bombay dreams is no longer running :( Even I wanted to see it. As for the Lego thing, just found it amazing how people manage to build something like that with Lego blocks!

Thanks Rhicha, yes V too is a Virgo. You know Virgo and Taureans are star partners :-)