Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Can you hear the bells a-tolling?

On the 7th of May 2008, me and V will be tied in holy matrimony. We are both leaving for India on Saturday, 19th April and will return on 26th May. I am looking forward to the trip with both excitement - owing to the pending marriage and dread - owing to the tight schedule and hot weather there. The wedding is to be held in my hometown in Sikkim followed by a reception in Pune.

The last month has been hectic to say the least. I had to complete all my pending official work before my vacation. A few weeks ago I fell sick and had to skip work for almost a week. This resulted in me putting in extra hours everyday for the next couple of weeks. Every day after work, me and V have been scouring malls and stores trying to find the perfect suit and the perfect shirt to match the suit and the perfect tie to match the shirt and the suit! And thats mentioning only his suit. We had so much of shopping to do that I am sure I will need a month to recover from the fatigue. Mind you, I love to shop! But in the last month we have seen so many stores and mostly the same store so many times, that I have told V that I wont shop for one month after the wedding :)

Sadly though, that's just one part of the shopping for me. Once I reach India, I still have to buy everything, saris and jewelries and shoes and wat nots! Not to mention the travelling I would be doing! One positive outcome that I can hope for (apart from being married, of course) is that I might manage to shed a good few of my extra pounds!! :D

Its already Wednesday and I just have 2 more days to complete my packing, which let me add, I am yet to start. I am in complete panic mode. With some more shopping still pending along with a visit to the hair parlor and attending a farewell party for a friend, I do hope that I manage to get everything done on time.

So friends, until we e-meet again, enjoy and have loads of fun!

10 comments:

fursat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
fursat said...

Rabindranath Tagore, who coincidentally was born on 7th May, once famously wrote in one of his poems,

"The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough."

I think the above quote is quite apt for both of you. U n V have lived your love/life very much in moments of togetherness and am sure you both will enjoy every moment of your marriage like a butterfly full of 'colors'.

Here's wishing you both lots of beautiful moments on your trip and more.

Enjoy like you always do...

Alien said...

Congratulations!!

Moonie said...

Congratulations to you and V!

Anks said...

Fantastic News....

*hugs*

Congratulations and all the best to you and V

:)

Jyoti said...

Congrats yaar!

Have a rocking time..madam after reception there is time for honeymoon too ;)

Take time for it too.
Have a rocking time.

Moonie said...

Well its 7th may.. I guess today must have been your big day :-) I'd say All the best to you both, colors and V !!! Good Luck, best wishes and lots of blessings! I pray both of you live happily ever after.

ektaran said...

Congratulations to the two of you!!!

Anonymous said...

Many Many Happy Returns of the Day. May this day brings more happy, joy and success in your life.

Hey you forgot me to invite. Might I would have come at the ceremony. You remember na what I had promised to your Mom.....

Congratulations! I visited to your page to make a Birthday wish you and found his good news. May god bless the couple and shower all the happiness and fulfill your life full of love and enjoyment.

Love and hugs dear. God bless you two. :)

Colors said...

Dear All,

Thank you so much for your wishes, both for the wedding and for my birthday. Thanks!!! :)