Friday, March 30, 2007

Where the menu is an appetizer

I had to share this with you guys! I am a big foodie, I might not cook a lot, but I do enjoy trying out new cuisines in different restaurants. I just came across this article on cnet.com and was simply blown away by the chef's unique methods of cooking - creating a whole new technology in food!

Homaro Cantu is a Chicago based chef who uses tools like the ink-jet printer and Class 4 laser (normally found in an operating room or a welding shop) to create delicacies which look too good to be eaten!

Check out this link to see the innovative techniques he uses to cook food.

One of his dream is creating edible ads, where consumers can simply rip off and eat the advertizement in a magazine and get the taste of it!

What really intrigued me about him is that he is one of those few who have actually managed to dethrone chef Masaharu Morimoto in Iron Chef America. Iron Chef America is a popular action packed one hour show in Food Network where chefs from all over US challenge one of the four Iron Chefs. Among them, I consider Masaharu Morimoto to be one of the finest and I have never seen him lose to anyone, expect to one other Iron Chef Bobby Flay in the original Japanese Iron Chef show.

Find out more about Homaro Cantu and his technology here.

5 comments:

fursat said...

OMG!! Can you believe it, I saw that Iron Chef America episode. As, I was reading your article, I thought that it is so similar to that person who came on the show and Hola, you confirmed it. I am a big fan of Iron Chef America but due to time constraints I haven't been able to watch it regularly but I saw this episode and was blown away.

In that episode he took picture of the judges, put it on a papar like dish and they were eating their own photograph :D

I like Bobby Flay in that show as he churns out most unique recipes. This is so cool, looks like the week of coincidences :P

He uses cool technologies in all his food. I think he won just by one point but was awesome :)

Colors said...

Ricky, I thought u didnt see Food Network?? Yeah I enjoy Iron Chef too...though I havent seen that episode. Must have been interesting.

I like Bobby Flay's Throwdown with Bobby Flay

I am just waiting for the day when I can eat the menu after giving out my order :)

Anonymous said...

I have never seen Iron Chef but edible menu sounds absolutely interesting! I saw this picture of an edible easter wall! Yum!
Am catching up with old friends and their blogs :-)

Anonymous said...

Next post is long due !!! :D :)

Moonie

Colors said...

Hi Kaush! Nice to see you here after so long. Keep visiting :)

Hey Moonie sorry girl! I read ur comment after I posted my new post :D