Wednesday, December 27, 2006

News!

I have 2 good news to share with y'all

One, I got a new job....my stint with the UN got over and now I am moving to Pennsylvania. My new job is taking me to Malvern which is a small town outside of Philadelphia. I guess this moving business is one thing you got to live with when you work as a consultant. I have a friend who is already working in the same co. so I am glad I have someone there.

Infact I am so used to this place since the last 2 months me and V have been visiting this friend each and every weekend. Since my return to India, my weekends have been full of travel...we'd go to Pennsylvania (about 2.5 hrs drive) on Friday eve, then on Saturday we eit
her go to NYC (which is like 2 hrs from there) or to the desi ilaka in New Jersey (which about an hr away). While in NY, we'd go to see the holiday lights and eat yummy food. While in NJ, we'd hog desi favourites like wada pav and chats or desi chinese food and watch hindi movies in the theater. Sunday night we'd be back in Stamford. The states of New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania have earned a lot of money from our toll fee.

My other news is that I got a new car! Well, its not actually brand ne
w per se..its a pre-owned '05 Nissan Murano SL. During the previous weekends when we've been driving around, it was also with a mission...that is to search for a good car for me. After looking high and low we finally found a great one which fit my budget. So this Friday I drove home my *new* AWD SUV. Here are some pics:





















6 comments:

fursat said...

Congratulations on both counts, yet again!!

Abhi tak I get confused ke which is a state and which is a city between Pennsylvania and Philadelphia and Pittsburgh...lol. Ek toh itne lambe naam and ek jaise belcul... :P

You are toh travel freak but that's good because not many people can do this on a regular basis. New York ke Christmas lights are famous all over esp. the Christmas tree in Times Square. I hope you will see the ball dropping at midnight.

Colors said...

Thanks Ricky!
Ok...lemme clear the confusion once and for all..
Pennsylvania (PA) is a state and Pittsburgh and Philadelphia(aka Philly) are the 2 cities in it. Philly is the capital....got it?

Yeah..travelling is always fun. And the tree u r talking abt is in the Rockefeller Centre. Its a wonderfully lit huge beautiful tree. Looks amazing....and u know all the stores in the 5th Ave (thats where all the big brands have the stores) decorate their store windows and its always a delight to see who has the best window decorations!

Am not sure if I'll make it to the ball drop...it seems u have be there by 12 noon to get a decent view. Now who in the right mind would stand out there in the freaking cold for 12 hrs?!

fursat said...

Your Murano V8 is sexy. Bahut sahi hain. I esp. love the interiors and even the color of the car is pretty good (atleast its not girly). It also has good space for all your wardrobe...lol. But, seriously its really practical for traveling. I have a Nissan too and I love it till I buy my BMW (one day)...lol. Congrats once again!!

You got AWESOME Christmas gifts. Happy New Year!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Congrates! :D

Really good news in the beginning of the New year.

Now you can travel in your own car. :)

Happy New Year.

Anonymous said...

Wishes for the New Year!

Many congratulations for the new job and the new car. (The car looks lovely!) - great way to begin the new year! Cheers! :-D

Colors said...

Yeah Ricky, the most imp criteria for my car was that it should have black leather interiors with heated seats and sunroof. Oh i love the BMW X3, but that was way out of my budget :(

Hey Rhicha, thanks! HNY to you too :)

Hi DJ, Thanks so much. Happy New Year to you too :)