Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Map My India!

Many of you might already be using it, but I just came across this site: http://beta.mapmyindia.com/

Do check it out...it's pretty neat! I hadn't thought this could be possible in India with its so many ambiguously named streets and addresses.

I tried out a few features....I guess it works better for bigger cities, for those are the ones where the data is most extensive. But I did find out that the road way from Pune to Gangtok is 2263.76 Km! They seem to be planning to add more cool features like mobile etc. Good going!

1 comment:

fursat said...

Thanks for sharing this cool site. India's version of Mapquest...cool. I am not sure if it captures all the illegal streets of Delhi...lol. I found my place in NOIDA but yea you are right, Mehak had some trouble locating her's in Doon but she could check out her B'lore place. Does you Gangtok...oh wait...even Sikkim feature in this...he he (coz its tiny na...lol)

Cheers!!