Thursday, October 20, 2005

Paune barah baje - whats going on?

Hey guys...I know its been a long time since I have been active in blogsville. Nothing much happening...just that dont feel like writing anything. Thought I'd update you all on whats going on at my end.

Blog-wise
Not writing or commenting. But have been reading your posts.

TV-wise
Have been following KKusum, Jassi and Yeh Meri Life Hai...and sometimes even CID Special Bereau. Also been following Fame Gurukul pretty regularly. More than interest, its lack of having anything else to do or watch that drives me to watch the episodes every day.
Have been watching lots of Sienfeld and Food Network too.
I guess, what tops the list however is me watching Anandam. Anandam is a Tamil soap on Sun TV. Though I dont understand a word, I follow it everyday since thats my landlady's fav show and falls right during dinner time. She is so into it that she makes sure I follow whats happening in the show! LOL. Her aim is to make me learn Tamil so that it'll be easier for me to follow Malyalam. :-P

Lovelife-wise
Last weekend V was here. The weekend was too short and within no time he was on his flight back to Columbus.

Food-wise
Have discovered this lovely Thai place that delivers food to my office for lunch. During the heavy downpour of last week, we took solace to this place and had scrumptious Thai food. I love their
During V's visit I took him to the Indian street here in NJ. After years we got to eat Dhabeli. I dont know whether staying away for so long has made me forget the real taste or whether they really did make the dhabeli good...but we sure did enjoy it a lot. Also had paan after a long time...twice... followed by Ravalgon's Pan Pasand.

Movie-wise
Since my move to NJ, my movie count had reduced drastically. Lack of time and more importantly lack of company lead to it. Plus my landlord doesnt have HBO. Anyway, I saw Wallace and Gromit - Curse of the Were-Rabbit last weekend with V. I have always loved Wallace and Gromit so enjoyed the movie a lot.

Song-wise
Have been listening to a lottttt of Tu Jahan from Salaam Namaste. Infact thats my current top song. I loveee the music and the words and the way it has been sung. Also, have been listening to Green Day's American Idiot album. Fav song in that album is Boulevard of Broken Dreams

Work-wise
C'mon ...u seriously want to know about my work? ... I didnt think so either..so am giving this a pass :-) But yes..to gain a few symphaties from you, let me share my commute woes. Last week was terrible...either the buses were on adjusted schedule due to some holiday or other (which meant adjustment from our side which is not good, right?), or they were delayed due to the bad weather or they broke down! Not once did I reach my work on time. And to add to it, twice I had to stand on my way home...for the entire 1.5hrs of bus drive! Sigh!

So, I hope I have covered all. Dunno when will I write next...but I am sure it will be soon enough. No one can stay away for long, isnt it?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mera "Swaran" padak jaldi se bhej dena...;) Dhanyawad!!

Anonymous said...

Oh. so you have been not been posting for a while. Didn't realise...ok ok kidding...LOL.

Blog-wise - Thank You for posting comments on my posts after continous pestering from my side...;)

TV-wise - I have not watched a single serial you just mentioned (esp. Anandam...he he). These days I download all I want to watch on my lappy and so have been watching few episodes of "Great Indian Comedy Show"...theek hain, nothing great.

Lovelife-wise - Am I even allowed to comment on this...LOL My Thank You to V for coming otherwise yeh meri jaan khate hain...(again kidding...or am I?)

Food-wise - Love Thai food but what is this "Dhabeli"? Also you missed a sentence where you say..."I love their .."...words kha gayee kya? ROTFL.

Movie-wise - You have a wicked taste in movies is all I would say.

Song-wise - I love the remixed version of "My Dil Goes hmmmm"...pretty groovy...huh.

Work-wise - ROTFL

Phew...I am tired now...:(

Colors said...

Hey Ricky dont u get tired of being 1st and also posting suchhhh longgggg comments? :P JK...i enjoy reading ur comments as much as I wanna think people enjoy reading my posts :P Keep it up!

Dhabeli...a.k.a. Kachchi Dhabeli is something like indian burger..though not wada pav, mind you. It is, I believe, a Gujju or a Maharashtrian dish. Its awesome...me and my friends used to enjoy them from the thela-wala of Pune. Check it out at
http://www.recipesindian.com/indian_recipes/indian_snacks_recipes/Dabeli.html
The pic doesnt look great..but thats the closest i got on the net.

Wicked taste in movies?

How dare u laugh at my woes? :-(

Anonymous said...

so you watch Kkusum, Jassi, ye meri life hai.... seeems you only have Sony there.

I left watching serial though I watch Jassi occasionally. But I'm into programme than serials.

I used to watch Fame Gurukul, Now it's Challenge 2005 is happening in Zee and Karorpati in star. They are main programme I watch
:) :D

:) Silky Moon

Nupur said...

Finally ur page opened up today!!!
And I forgot to tell when we met on YM.

Anyways..... there is obviously lots happenening in ur life yaar. Lot more than in mine. ;)

LOL@Ricky.... yess... you missed that sentence in the middle gurl. :P And I really SN's songs when I saw it too... been so lazy, I should go n get its CD or something..coz I have almost forgot all the songs!! :O

Take care gurl.
Cheers!!

Colors said...

Hi SM, yes we have Sony & Zee TV here plus the tamil Sun TV. Fame gurukul runs one week behind Inida. So even though the finals are this week, I already know the winners. That took off the fun in watching the show :(

Hi Nupur, I wonder whats wrong with my blog..even Ricky was complaining. Hehe...u know I was in the office while editing this post..thought I wud write the name of the dish...right then my manager came in...so had to cut short. LOL I didnt realise I left the sentence half way :-)