Thursday, February 21, 2008

Family time

I recently came across this new networking site, Geni.com and I am hooked!

What's so special about this site is that unlike other networking sites with focuses on friends or colleagues, this one focuses on family.

You can create your family tree and invite your family members who can help expand the tree. It is 'n' dimensional and can really grow! But even though the tree can grow humongously, it is so wonderfully maintained that you will not be overwhelmed by it.

Its not even been a week since I started my family tree and already it has over 300 members. Through the tree I now can easily remember my cousin's wife's name or remember their kids birthdays! Not only that, I got back in touch with a distant cousin whom I knew when I was a kid. Another good use me and V got out of it is that it is now easier to understand each other's family and the new relationships that we will both be getting into.

Well, like I said, I am hooked. Why don't you try it out too?
www.geni.com

4 comments:

Aqua said...

thanks for the info Colors. I am intruiged enough to try it out. will a nice change from orkut and facebook :)

Ekta said...

ohh even I am excited about visiting this site & creating my family tree.
thanks for sharing this info....

fursat said...

I was expecting a different post but this one is cool too. I haven't heard about this site and will certainly love to visit it. How come you have 300 members, I mean do so many of your family members are online :|

I like one of the use U n V are making out of the site :-)

Colors said...

Hey Aqua and Mehak, did you get to try it out yet? Do you like it?

Ricky, well all members need not be online. Like I added my parents and grandparents but they need not necessarily be online. Check it out and you'll understand.