Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Virginia Trip - III

This has been long pending.

Busch Gardens is an amusement park. I believe there are two of them in US. I had been to the first one in Tampa, Florida in Dec 2004. That had African theme and V had won a huge cute gorrila (soft toy ofcourse) for me. This one in VA had a European theme. Its smaller than the African one but cuter with different sections setup as different countries of Europe.

After a long wait to get inside the gates (it was crowded), we were so hot that we headed straight for the water rides. From there we moved on to roller coasters. The weather was hot and getting drenched in the rides was what we enjoyed the most. Their biggest roller coaster was quite scary, specially the first plunging drop. However much I tried, I just couldnt keep my eyes open during that drop!

Towards the end of the day, we went towards the games section. Like before, I wanted V to win something. He did win a small dolphin and a big flamingo, but my eyes were in this huge cute monkey (yes, again!). The game to win the monkey was to pass a small hoop through a twisted wire without letting it touch the wire. V tried twice without sucess. Then I thought of giving it a try. I was doing pretty good when just as I was abt to reach the end, it touched the wire and the alarm beeped. V and Dee were excited abt my progress so asked me to try again. By then a little crowd had gathered around me and I could feel a million eyes on me. I fared badly on my second try and was out in no time, maybe coz of the peer pressure :P.

We went around a while, encouraging friends who were winning some stuff or the other. V still seemed impressed with my performance at the wire game and asked me to try again. So we went back to the game stall to try for the third time. And guess what? I won!! I was so happy! For the first time I won something and didnt have V to win for me :). The monkey is huge, I was of course unable to carry it. Its bigger than me! Unfortunately, due to its size, I couldn't take it with me to NJ. Instead my frens took it with them in their car. Next trip to their house, I'll have to get it back :)

The next day we started off early as me and Dee had to catch the bus from D.C. We waited in the bus stop for more than an hour and the bus never showed up! This was not the first that Greyhound had ditched me. V got so mad that he rented a car and me, V and Dee drove to NJ in the car instead. I drove till NJ and after dinner droppping us, V drove to Pitts from there. Poor guy, he reached home at 4 in the morning and had to be at work at 8am!

So that was our Virginia trip. Though we didn't do much, it was nice and relaxing. Next trip? Who knows.. we haven't planned it yet!

6 comments:

fursat said...

Leaving my **footprints** (or rather **keyboardprints**) here. Will read it later... :-)

fursat said...

We have Buchart Gardens in Victoria, which are among the top ten in North America. Although, this one is just a garden and not an amusement park.

I remember that Gorrila picture but could not distinguish between you two...he he.

I don't like roller-costers too much (not that I am scared...lol).

What is up with you and monkeys? Koi puranee jaan pehchaan hain kya unke saath...he he.

fursat said...

What is up with you and buses/flights? I enjoyed reading about the trip esp. the third part. I will be waiting for your next adventure. Include the pictures this time (and there was no mention of the camera in this post, you liar...grrrrrrrrrrrrr)

Aqua said...

hi Colors... pls do support "Bloggers for Tibet day" on July 6th, which is also "World Tibet Day". You can read more about this here ... http://www.voiceofambition.com/Tibet/index.php?/archives/10-Bloggers-for-Tibet-Day.html

Thanks
Aqua

wise donkey said...

roller coasters ..ouch:)
and winning is wonderful:)

BeautyinBaltimore said...

Thank you for visting my blog.